What do you like the most in Qatar?

Hi,

Living abroad, expats discover and enjoy a new environment.

What do you like the most in Qatar?

What seduced you when settling and living here?

Share with us your favorite part of living in Qatar and the reason why you enjoy your expat life here.

Thank you in advance,

Christine

most like in money
;)

Hi Dongilly,

Any other interesting things to add regarding what the whole topic is about please :)  ?

Thank you

Maximilien

Qatari people and friends, The Torch Hotel, Villagio, The Souk, eating at Arumalia hotel, GAA football, Pearling Season School, Step by Step school, cooling Septembers, Paul's in Villagio, eating at the Diplomatic Club, Katara, Sidra Medical Research Center, shows at the National Convention Centre, Gondolania at Villagio, Little League Baseball at Doha College, swimming every evening, hitting the gym as little as possible and the coffe shop as often as possible, low cost petrol and motoring, good neighbours, reading books and newspapers on my kindle and reading The Gulf Times and listening to Qatar Foundation radio, doing Fantasy Premier League Football competition and having fun with my wife and six year old who always looks forward to getting back to Doha ten days into his summer holidays. All three of us, after two years in Doha, say its good to be home when we head back to Doha. We are more expats of Doha now. PLEASE do not go dune bashing - you can be killed or kill someone.

No Enjoyment!!! Only money..

When I left

allot 1st of all my family live here the place is completely safe
the desert and sea view take the stress out plus people are kind people

What I am enjoying most in Qatar is being in a safe environnment, where family is valued and highly considered.

Eamon Lynch wrote:

PLEASE do not go dune bashing - you can be killed or kill someone.

I went dune bashing and had a great time, and it was safe. HOWEVER, your statement worries me... when / how has this happened? I've been wanting to repeat the ride, but now i'm intrigued...

I've been here for only a month, yet so far i've liked:

* Katara
* All the tea and coffee places
* Uber (and in lieu of that, Karwa)
* Carrefour everywhere
* Mix of nationalities and cultures (knowing that most of them are here for similar reasons as yours and that they, as well, left families and loved ones back home, and have a story to tell... knowing this is very humbling and eye-opening in many ways, and you become more appreciative of what you have).
* The call for prayer at late afternoon (melancholy but beautiful).
* And just knowing i'm here is still a thrill (most of the time).

Looking forward to what winter brings, i hear it's the best time to be in Qatar.