What do you like the most in Jordan?

Hi,

Living abroad, expats discover and enjoy a new environment.

What do you like the most in Jordan?

What seduced you when settling and living here?

Share with us your favorite part of living in Jordan and the reason why you enjoy your expat life here.

Thank you in advance,

Christine

The enormous hospitality of the Jordanians and the lay back life.

Simplicity?

food!

Raj Dhangay wrote:

food!

yes, like Falafel and Homus...

Fruit salad!

First and foremost, I love my wonderful new family that has welcomed me with love and open arms, this is my favorite part of Jordan.

Some other things that I really like about Jordan are:

-the fruit & vegetable store - the selection is wonderful, and I don't think this place ever closes

-picnics can happen anywhere and at any time

-full service gas stations

-the weather - I know there are some days that are hot, dusty, snowy, etc, but for the most part the weather here is really nice in my opinion, and I don't even have an air conditioner

-kunafe, bread, etc - my pants do not think this is a good thing however

There are many other things that I can't think of right now. I'm currently back in the U.S. Taking care of a sick family member and I can't think of how many times a day I say "In Jordan we ______". Not to say everything about moving to Jordan has been all unicorns and rainbows, believe me I struggle with a lot of things.

9 years in Amman... I can say.. I like the weather....   :D

Hi to all pals,first n for most I liked the warm welcoming....was served with the local food 🍴 (Mansaf)

I as well love winter-the snow..for o loving making SNOWMAN ⛄,walking 🚶 in snow ,playing with it..

I love places like Aqaba n places around Tarj Mall

Thank uuu

I love the people who are very welcoming and their beautiful food.

very nice country with nice people.  rent will be more expensive for foreigners thou.  live in the south for a while and you have to be careful because some bedoin people will take advantage of you especially if you buy livestock.  sometime they may take advantage of you not knowing the country as well.  you have to learn to barter.  great place with very nice people.  you do have a lot of people from other arab countries here as well.

I had been studying Arabic in Amman for 11 months last year, and I had never thought I'd like Jordan very much but I actually loved it!

The people and the hospitality - The people are so kind and want to help. I usually took a walk around Jubeiha and sometimes someone would drive up to me and offer me a free ride home!

The weather - I came from Thailand where the weather is like fire. Jordan's weather is moderate and not too humid. I enjoy the weather in the fall last year. It was amazing.

The food - You don't know how much I have been missing Kanafeh, Maqloobeh - even though it's not originally from Jordan - Falafel and Hommous. I always went to Seeveen restaurant and Jwana in front of the north gate of UJ and I loved their food.

Al-Ammiyah dialect - I fell in love with Jordanian dialect. I wish I had a chance to study Jordanian Ammiyah more.

Now I'm studying Arabic at Qatar University in Doha, Qatar. I'd love to go back to Amman and study my bachelor degree at UJ next year. :)