What do you like the most in Hong Kong?

Hi,

Living abroad, expats discover and enjoy a new environment.

What seduced you when settling and living here?

Share with us your favorite part of living in Hong Kong and the reason why you enjoy your expat life here.

Thank you in advance,

Christine

nothing seduced me when my company sent me to Hong Kong for work. Also as an expat you have to work where ever your office is and when you work as an expat the workload is often a higher burden. With other words there is often no or not enough time to enjoy the free time e.g. in Wan Chai or Lan Kwai Fong and by the way it is also not too healthy to spend your time in those places. The only thing I am seduced or "touched" is the environment. There are so much things to discover during hiking tours on the Island or the New Territories. The nature surrounding Hong Kong is beautiful and full of surprises.

Living abroad, expats discover and enjoy a new environment.

The culture, the food, the fact that im away from the UK, that im 15 minutes from the beach, that i can see such rich history, travel is so easy, great MTR system and cheap, cheap taxis, great trails to run, dragon boating, annual festivities such as the mid autumn festival, low crime rate, open and friendly expats to socialize with, low tax at 16% plus many more things.

What seduced you when settling and living here?

Just the general way of life here and it feels like my home rather than where i m from which is the UK

Share with us your favorite part of living in Hong Kong and the reason why you enjoy your expat life here.

The work life i love and the fact i can socialize and be a part of a community. Also all the annual holidays that Hong Kong has and each one shares its own unique feeling which you can enjoy and be part of or not its up to you

Thank you in advance,

Hong Kong is a splendid place to work in and live in, except for the expensive housing. My family loved this place since 1990 when we set foot on this beautiful land.

The food is fantastic and people are generally friendly and approachable, especially if you speak Cantonese. So many places to explore and the public transport here is undoubtedly the best in the world. Only grouse we have is with the taxis here - so road-beaten and almost all the same brand - time to get brand new cars.

Hong Kong is indeed "The Pearl of the Orient" and it is also our gateway to mainland China and surrounding countries.