How to find /advertise for Aupairs/nannies

Hello mums,

I have a 5 year old and would need an aupair or nanny to look after her mainly in school terms. Are there any agencies in and around Flic en Flac I could use.

Also, If I bring an aupair from the UK, do we need to apply for a working visa for her?

Please advise
Kind regards
Sasha

Hello Sasha :)

The easiest way, would be to recruit a local nanny to look after your five year old child. You could post an advert under Mauritius classifieds by selecting the jobs category.

Regards,
Sheetul

Thanks Sheetul.

Apart from local staff. Are there European aupair/nannies gancies in MU.
Please advise
Sasha

Hello Sasha,

That might be difficult, i am not aware of such nanny agencies or European aupairs operating in Mauritius.

Hopefully other members have more information on this subject and will share it with you.

Regards,
Sheetul

I don't know the specific rules, but I do know of a couple of families that brought their nannies with them from their home countries and they said they did not have any issues with regards to visas for them.

I would recommend you get in touch with the BOI as they are usually very helpful with all visa related questions. Here's the link to their website where you can find their contact details:  http://www.investmauritius.com/

Hi Sasha,

there is a good babysitter agency in Mauritius managed by a german woman:

mauritius-guide.net/mauritius-with-baby/

Maybe you can find via her also a long term nanny!

Greets,

Barbara

My friend was unable to get a visa for her nanny. There are some good local women who are available and need work. I'd suggest you employ one of them.