Tourist visa for kenya

I understand you can no longer get a visa on entry to Kenya.  Im in Kenya on tourist visa and will leave in November but wish to return after 3 weeks.  Does anyone know if I can get a visa online with only a return part of a plane ticket. ie. I will buy a return flight to Kenya, fly to UK  then I will have to apply for a visa online but I will only have the return part of my ticket back to Kenya, there was no problem when you could just buy a visa at Nairobi on way back in.  Someone said I would need to buy a return ticket in UK from UK - Kenya - UK before I would get a visa which means the return part of my ticket to Kenya would be wasted and then I would have to buy another 6month return. Does anyone know what the new visa rules and regulations are please?

Also, how can I buy a  6 month return ticket in UK before I know if I will be able to get a visa?  Help please Im confused

No need.Recently the kenyan govt has resumed the process of applying for the visa at any border point of entry.That will run together with the e visa..I think that information came out last week as the kenya president was at an official tour in Italy.You can even check it online on the govt website.Reason being,Tour companies complained that they would loose securing last minute holiday bookers who come and apply visas at the border points.

Cheers.

Thank you for your reply. If what u are saying is true it would be so much easier. They say if it ain't broke dont fix it so why change the rule in the first place! Here's hoping its now sorted out. Thanks again

Hello.It was changed because the govt wanted to regulate n make sure only authorised persons can enter kenya keeping in mind a young chap from britain came as a tourist and ended up as a terrrorist with the alshabaab..As i said again,after complains from the tourism industry,the govt had to bring back the old visa issuance process to run together with the current e-visa.Check it out at the govt web"Ministry of East African Affaris Commerce And Tourism"

Cheers.

my name is Benson kinyua ,use this please, dira.co.ke

The online visa process is very quick if you want to do it this way.  It took 2 hours for my application to be approved.

Now, regarding the return ticket, you are not supposed to enter Kenya on a tourist visa, without an onward/return flight booking.  In reality, Immigration rarely check.  However, based on this, an airline can refuse to carry you from the UK to Kenya, leaving you having to buy a return flight before you can check in.  This has happened to me and it was very expensive, as I was forced to buy a ticket there and then.  Don't risk it.