Offer acceptance confusion - 11000 MYR or 1 lack INR

Hi Guys,

I am from chennai and working as Senior Systems Engineer in IT (having 9+ years of exp). I got an offer of 11000 MYR (excluded Tax and no other allowances) per month in KL with a US based MNC. I also have offer in India (Chennai) with other MNC and they are offering me around 1 Lack INR as a take home (after Tax, EPF and Grativity deduction)

Malaysia : CTC is 1,43,000.00 (13 month salary & 1 month salary as bonus once complete 12 months) - Not sure about medical, but believe it will be provided its an MNC.

India : CTC is 14 Lacks (Includes Medical , EPF)

I'm married and expecting Kid in 2 months. I live a moderate life style in India and would follow the same in KL - somewhat as follows:

1, Semi- Furnished 1 BHK or Condo (preferred near to work location - Petaling Jaya)
2, Will bring family (Wife, Kid) after 8 months or so
3, Cooking by own or dine out at reasonable restaurant (non-veg)
4, One time journey to native / month
5, Outing/Movies on weekends

First I thought of go with ML offer having in mind that I might get other good opportunities once I'm there, but quite not sure how IT career growth there.

I've been reading the forum and come across different reviews, but still on dilemma which offer should go with and your suggestions are valuable on decision making.

Any help here would be much appreciated.

You seem to be better off in India. 11k in Malaysia is a low salary for an experienced software engineer and considering the exchange rate you wont save much. You will save much more in India as much lower cost of living. KL is more expensive to live in than USA. Petaling jays btw is like saying London. Very big and very different!

If I understand you salaries correctly its a no brainer. India better.

Hi Nemodot,

Thanks for your swift reply. To avoid any confusion, with today exchange rate (15.3) I'll get 9K MYR in India (after tax) & 11000 MYR in KL (include tax)

I thought of preferring Malaysia because of anticipating better opportunities I can look forward once i'm there, but its again subject to requirement / position opened in future.

How much do you think considerably a good salary for a 9 yrs IT admin in KL, so that I can try negotiate to recruiter,

for the first 6mth ur tax gonna be 26% flat.

Rental PJ Semi furnished 1-3BR Condo: RM 2-3.5K
Food & Groceries : 2K
Entertainment: RM 1.5k
Utilities Bill, phone, internet: RM800
Emergency Fund: RM 1k
Transport: RM1k

Kids delivery: RM7-11k (c-sect)

Hi you will be considerably worse off and with a new born stay where you are just on basis of having family near etc.

Financially you won't save and will regret it as kl is very expensive. Medical fees alone will destroy you!

I suggest you have then baby and only consider moving after a couple of years.

I agree with nemodot. 11k is not a good salary in comparison to your experience level. PJ is quite costly.

I think you will be better off taking the offer in india.