Long term stay requirements

Hi all,
I am new to the forum - signed up b/c I'm thinking of relocating to Europe, perhaps to Andalusia.  I will check with the Spanish consulate as well but can anyone tell me how easy or difficult is it to live in Spain most of the year (for US citizens)? Thanks in advance.

There is a load of "it depends" to answer your question.  There are many visas for which you can apply and if you meet the criteria, it is very easy to obtain a resident visa.  The tricky part is meeting the criteria and gathering all of the documentation you need.   Depending on your age, heritage, work, no work, student visa, retirement visa, dependents  etc...   we have loads of documentation on the non lucrative visa (non work for profit) visa and the requirements on Wagoners Abroad  .  Here is our most useful info for moving to Spain.  Check with the embassy for the type of visa you desire.

I moved to Spain from the U.S..There are several requierments..
First you need to show proof of income or a contract of a job that has been offered to you ..
Need your own Medical Insurance I purchased Sanitas..
Your drivers lisence is only good for three months thus you need to retest
for the Spains equilivent. .You also need to show proof of an address where you will reside..
Remember there are a little over 5 million Spaniards unemployed thus Spain cant
take care of anyone else..but you will love it as I..and of course you need your passport and otherdocuments of which I stated prior to take to the nearest office to get a resiemtcard but 1st you need
to become padronar in the city you are wishing to live at..