Moving to Atlanta, good idea? Need advices please!

Hi all!
I live  in New jersey right now, i'm from Italy.
My husband and I just got a new job offer in Atlanta.
Im checking online and i can see the crime level is very high... Not sure if i should trust these info!
We had a baby 2 months ago, i want to make sure we make the right choice..
Anyone who lives there and could help me?
Thanks a lot in advance!

Veronica

Veronyc wrote:

Hi all!
I live  in New jersey right now, i'm from Italy.
My husband and I just got a new job offer in Atlanta.
Im checking online and i can see the crime level is very high... Not sure if i should trust these info!
We had a baby 2 months ago, i want to make sure we make the right choice..
Anyone who lives there and could help me?
Thanks a lot in advance!

Veronica

Depends on what part of town you are living in, much like in New Jersey.  The dollar will stretch further in Georgia, as NJ is famous for high taxes and high rent.

Have you lived there?? Could you recommend a not dangerous area where to live?
The office is on the camp creek pkw!
Thanks! :)

I can't remember where Camp Creek pkw is, but my husband worked part time in Atlanta for 2 years & had company apartment in Peachtree City (south of Atlanta) & when my daughter & I went to visit when my work schedule allowed we really liked the area.  Also he had family who lived in Canton (north of Atlanta) which seemed to be a nice area.

Another area we thought was nice was near Emory College & the Atlanta zoo (yes a few neighborhoods weren't as nice, but the bulk were).

This was in 2009 -2011 so some areas may have changed, but keep in mind many choose not to live in direct Atlanta so traffic to the north and south during peak times is pretty busy or days when one of the 3 major league sports teams play

Most people in the U.S. prefer to live in the nicer, safer suburbs of large cities instead of in the city itself.  I don't know much about Atlanta but some friends of mine lived in Peachtree, which is a suburb of Atlanta.  I would suggest that  you search Google for the safest suburbs of Atlanta. Real estate agents will also be able to advise you about this too.

Have lived in Atlanta for 20 years and raised 2 kids before moving overseas, but we still maintain a house north of Atlanta.  Superb quality of life, great cost of living and mild winters with little to no snow and ice.  Camp Creek Pkwy. is in the southwest part of the city and there are some newer subdivisions in that area.  Camp Creek Pkwy. can be a bit dicey especially inside the city limits as you get closer to the airport with a number of low income residents and higher crime rates, but the newer communities outside of I-285 would provide a nice quality of life.  You will love the housing costs versus NJ.