Apartment rentals online...all a con?

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone had ever found an apartment online that wasn't posted by a con artist?
Every one I have responded to (inclucing ads on this website)have been unavailable for viewing due to their owners living out of the country (usually somewhere in Africa). Do these people ever actually find people dumb enough to send them money without even seeing a place? And then trust them to send the keys?

Could you please send me the links to this kind of ads you found on Expat.com ? I have to intervene

Thanks

Julien

Anthony okpala, supposedly has an apartment to rent in rue de la roquette.

that's indeed a scam, after verification this guy is in Nigeria. I deleted the ad and banned this guy.

I'll ask our developers to install new anti scam systems next week. (can't publicly give too much details but I've got an idea)

Please do not hesitate to report any problem, we'll intervene asap

Hi there,

There are indeed many scams on the internet for rentals. They have unfortunately become rampant on Craig's list, for example.

In spite of that, there are also many serious professionals on the market trying their best to provide you with great service.
Yes, I do not hide that I am one of them. So I'm always disturbed to hear about bad rental experiences that cast a doubt on the entire industry. My company is called Paris-Sharing. You can read the real customer reviews on the homepage and be reassured.

Best regards,
Carsten

Hi Julian, the ad is still on there?!!!

Carsten, any suggestions on how to find a long term rental if you're not super rich?!

skele, the ad was deleted on the same day I was aware of the problem

Skele, I'm sorry I don't deal in long term rentals. If you're looking in Paris...well as you know it's expensive. I don't have any solution for that, unfortunately.

There are plenty of reliable sources for apartments in Paris. Here is the one I use: rothray.com

I would suggest going through an agency : more expensive but reliable. Or using the following website, usually rather safe (supposedly private persons but there may be agents too) : http://www.pap.fr/
Century 21, Foncia and Laforet are among the main french networks for unfurnished accomodation, covering the country, not just Paris. Rentals in Paris are very expensive.
If you're looking for furnished, you must go through different websites. Let me know and I'll try to retrieve one that was recommended by a friend. Then, of course, you could try an exchange, depending where you come from.

Skele
Here is the ultimate way to find a rental in Paris (direct from landlord) - costs you nothing and guess what, no one is even doing it!!! because most dont know its possible :)

(Moderated: No free advertising, Please, Thanks)

good luck

free advertising? this isnt an agency! just an article - shame it was removed, it really would work for those who try :(

heres the feedback regarding the free article on how to find a rental in paris directly from a landlord - unique rental strategy

Did you find this information helpful?

Yes, Very , I Will Try 60.98% (25 votes)

Yes, Very, But Not Sure If I Will try 14.63% (6 votes)

Yes But I Won't Try 4.88% (2 votes)

So-So 2.44% (1 votes)

No 9.76% (4 votes)

Other: 7.32% (3 votes)

Total Votes: 41

Hi Skele,

While many of our French friends disagree with us, we think Craigslist Paris can be an excellent option for finding housing. We've found both our apartments through this list. Of course, you'll still need to rifle through the occasional scam (they're pretty easy to recognize once you know what to look for.) I recommend both going through the apartment listing and also posting an ad for housing wanted describing what you're looking for and a little bit about yourself (obviously don't share private information, but enough to let a landlord know you are responsible, clean, and can pay the rent on time). I highly suggest trying these and then going through pap.fr if you can't find something on Craigslist. Also check the FUSAC magazine online which has numerous for rent ads.

Good luck!
Linds

americangirlsare.weebly.com

I am just beginning the search for our rental.  It does seem like a HUGE leap of faith to rent an apartment for a few months sight unseen.  When I narrow down the apartments to just a few I think I'm going to ask opinions of the agencies on a few of the forums I have found.

I'm starting the search and to find a furnished long-stay place that isn't a scam or that will TAKE expats is pretty difficult.

I living alone studeo 35m2 near torcy any want stay with me for your study or work send to me message  its for free good corector or humer  and  person calm and easy going beter for  girls .

@raghu c

You have posted on an old (2010) inactive thread.
You can post your offer on the housing section at the top of this page.

Closed