Hello from a Northern Californian Expat!

Hi there!  My husband and I just moved here a little over 3 weeks ago from N Calif.  We're so excited to be on this new journey.  Looking forward to meeting others and helping others who want to do the same.

Welcome to Expat.com Wealthships !

Welcome to Expat- blog, Wealthships :)

Your discussion has been redirected to the Belize forum for effective networking.

Am sure that you will enjoy your new environment and hope that you engage soon in an active social life.

All the best

Regards,
Sheetul

Wealthships wrote:

Hi there!  My husband and I just moved here a little over 3 weeks ago from N Calif.  We're so excited to be on this new journey.  Looking forward to meeting others and helping others who want to do the same.

Hi there I'm Julia and my husband and I moved here 3 years ago. were in Orange walk I see your in San Pedro what a welcome with hurrcaine richard ! Have you been to Orange walk yet? were originally from Valencia, California.. one great thing you will love we have access here to pirate cable channels from all over the world..and one bad thing the electricity is so high here especially when my husband and I love our AC ..Invitations to you and your husband if ever your in Orange walk ...be our guest at our Inn.   Julia

Hi I wrote you a Quote then realize it should say replay...new to this.

Hi Sharon !! I'm so happy I found this site would of helped me 3 years ago Our inn is named mirage Inn you can go to facebook and check out loyal majestic site they rented our place for a family party..and our invitation to you both to stay at our inn means your money is no good here !!! what part in Northern Cali are you both from ? Julia

Well that's very nice of you!  I've sent you a friend request so we can chat there privately from now on and keep in touch!

We're from the San Francisco Bay Area - a very beautiful place to live but quite expensive and stressful!  Looking forward to my life here.

Let's stay in touch, cheers!

Sharon

HI WEALTHSHIPS, TELL ME HOW LONG YOU PLANED YOUR MOVE TO BELIZE, I WANT TO DO IT BEFORE NEXT SUMMER, I WILL BE COMING DOWN SOON (BEFORE CHRISTMAS,MAYBE IN TWO TO THREE WEEKS FROM TODAY)

Hi Budrick!  We started looking for the right country in 2006.  Once we identified Belize as our country of preference, it took about 1 year to plan, execute and move.

Where will you be visiting in Belize when you come in December?

Sharon

I AM NOT SURE WHERE I WILL BE STAYING RIGHT NOW. I WANT TO SEE THE TEMPLES ETC. NOT REALLY INTO CLUB OR BAR SCENE ANYMORE. WHAT I WANT TO DO IS LOOK AROUND FOR A SMALL BUSINESS I CAN TAKE OVER (CHEAPLY?). EITHER FOR DIVING OR FISHING, GOT ANY CONTACTS? DAN.

Good for you!  I haven't seen a single temple/ruin yet! We mostly concentrated on visiting every village/town we could,looking at amenities, cost of living, lifestyle etc. Never had anytime for touristy things.

If you're interested in a diving/fishing business, then San Pedro is your best bet.  Over 42% of all tourists visit the island, compared with 13% to Cayo and 12% to Placencia (according to 2008 Tourism stats, 2009 not out yet that I've been able to find).

Also, diving is non-existent in Cayo area.  No matter where you live though, diving and fishing are extremely competitive businesses.  In San Pedro, there are at least 25-30 other dive/fishing outfits.  Not sure what they sell for, but it takes a lot of equipment (boats, tanks, gear, etc), so I doubt if it's cheap.

Anyway, if you ever come to the island, let me know.  Be happy to show you around.  Take care,

Sharon

Wealthships wrote:

Well that's very nice of you!  I've sent you a friend request so we can chat there privately from now on and keep in touch!

We're from the San Francisco Bay Area - a very beautiful place to live but quite expensive and stressful!  Looking forward to my life here.

Let's stay in touch, cheers!

Sharon

Didn't get the friend's request how do you send it ...Love the bay area.!!

I just checked and it won't give me the option to friend you again, so I assume the request is there somewhere - kind of odd.  I'm too new to the forum to know why you're not seeing it.  I hope it shows up!

Hi there!

My name is Jamie and my partner and I live in Berkeley.  We have been to Belize once in May to scope out the country, will be back at Christmas, staying in PG, as that is where we are interested in settling in the spring, when we retire.

I would loveto hear how you made the transition and moved all your items to Belize.

I bet you are loving it right now, as it is starting to get cold here in No. CA.

Thanks much for your reply!

Jamie and Bill -

I'm reading your blog!!!  Love it..

I'm reading your blogs too Sharon...they are great, i'm learning so much from them!  Very helpful!  I bookmark them, re-read them, print them out for my hubby to read...Keep em coming.  :D

First things first, thank god I found a site this useful!   My wife a I are looking at making the move there very soon. And read Sharons blog and said wow it sounds just like me.

Thanks everyone for the kind words on my blogs - glad you're enjoying them. I sure love that I have the time now to write them!! One of the perks of living in paradise!