Bringing dog in through Sofia Airport

Hi Guys & Gals.  I am planning to relocate to VT area of Bulgaria.  I have a dog that I want to fly over.  He is Chipped, rabies vaccinated & has a current EU Lab approved Rabies  certificate.  I know that he needs to have an export certificate issued from where we fly out from plus a medical certificate signed by authorised vet (Gov't vet 72 hrs before flying to say dog is in good health.  I have a vet card showing all his innoculations etc since 2008 when we found him as an abandoned 6 week old puppy

OK so far I think).  Right he is flying from Egypt (so that means flying from a 3rd world country).  He will therefore not have a EU pet passport.  He will have documentation I have been advised that will be accepted as the alternative to the pet passport. 
Can anyone provide me with either information on ALL criteria we will need to get my dog through Sofia Airport.  Can anyone recommend a vet preferably in Sofa who provides the service to come to airport and assist the customs clearance procedures.  Can anyone share their experiences bring their pet into BG via Sofia.

I am so worried I will pay to get my dog over & find I have been misinformed about procedures & do not have all the paperwork etc.   Stressing me out  :huh:

I appreciate that the dog is coming in through Sofia but we have a local vet on the east coast who is excellent at managing this sort of thing and can arrange whatever is required.  His name is Dr Petko Boychev (Петко Бойчев) and he runs the Pomorie Veternary Clinic. Email Address is pomorievetclinic(at)abv.bg
Mobile number is +359 88 727 8169

Well recommended so give him a call and see if he can assist.

Thanks for that Vetkoek.  Will send him an e-mail and ask - at least i can get a list of requirements that the authorities will want to see with my dog.  Can also find out whether he would come to Sofia or knows a Sofia vet that can assist.

As we are looking to get to VT I am also wondering whether they would accept dogs into Varna airport.  But if they do that will also depend on finding a connecting flight.  I know Turkish Airways fly from Sharm-el-Sheikh (my nearest int a/port) to Ataturk.  Then they have another flight a few hours later from Ataturk to Varna,  Will have to check out whether those flights will take dogs.  Anyway thanks for that contact, great  :top: