Cost of living in the Bahamas

Hi everybody,

It would be very useful to talk about the cost of living in the Bahamas.

Don't forget to mention where in the Bahamas you are living.

How much does it cost to live in the Bahamas?

> accommodation prices

> public transportation fares (tube, bus etc ...)

> food prices(per month, how much does it cost you?)

> health prices (for those who need medical insurance)

> eduction prices (if you need to pay)

> energy prices (oil, electricity)

> common bills (Internet, television, telephone, mobile phone)

> prices of a good menu in a traditional restaurant

> prices of a beer and or a coffee in a regular pub

> price of the cinema

Do not hesitate to add items to this list!

Thanks in advance for your participation!!

anyone from Bahamas here?

The last post is 4 years old... Hmm..
No one here lives there.. Hmm.

4 years old ? what?

Hi olddawgsrule,

This is an old topic [2008]. You might want to post any information about the cost of living in Bahamas or start a new topic on the forum if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Christine

Hello there Christine!
Can you tell me anything about cost of living in the Bahamas?

I'm coming from the US, so basic's, like food, electricity, gas..

Iron, I did check your posts and see you really don't like it there.
I have a hard time believing it's that much worst than other 3rd world areas.

Now, with that said, I have learned their dollar is on par with the US dollar and goods cost more due to location.
That is dis-appointing to learn.

So, I have found a place listed for 90K, on the Canal, located in (what they call) a gated community, just north of Freeport.
I ask.. What is the canal like?
Is it clean or full of sewage?
Can you boat out of it into the ocean?

I see no beaches nearby, so activity would be in the canal (if clean) or from the boat.
I also see what seems to be the Freight port to the west end of the canal.
If it's anything like what we have here in New England, that would mean very busy (congested).

On the other side of things..
If your getting out of there.. Where you headed?

Olddawgsrule : learned their dollar is on par with the US dollar???? Yes inside Bahamas  coz this is  how they want. But try to go outside of Bahamas with a bahamian dollar  and see  if other countries will consider your bahamina dollar. Try to go with bahamian dollars to USA  and see if they gonna give back to you US dollars . No man its not like that. Trust me . You can go on my profile or my forums u will see lots details i wrote about Bahamas.  Many reviews.

I went their... I read them..
And yes their dollar is on par.
Since I earn US dollar, I really don't care about exchanging anything back.
For that matter, I really don't even need their dollar, unless the melt value is greater (which I doubt).

I asked a couple of other questions you don't seem interested in answering, so if theirs anyone else out there willing to, I'd be grateful to hear from you.

First all i don't live on this website . I have my private life and my life is out of internet. That's why i didn't reply you before and it's not coz i m not interested to reply you.
Now i never seen this Canal . BUt i asked to a friend he said  yes u can go out to the ocean but i don't know if it's clean or not.
Than I go to USA often and was not easy for me change $20.00 bahamian dollars in U.S. dollars. And when i found the bank     willing to change the Bahamian to U.S dollars they didn't give to me $20.00 . They said its not the same value so I don't know what are you talking about man.
If are you coming to Freeport, Grand Bahama well I m happy for you and GOOD LUCK
If do you need more informations  i will be happy to answer  about  what I know or i seen