Considering a job in Paris, wondering about comparable salaries

I currently live in the San Francisco Bay Area and am considering a software engineering job in Paris, I've been told that due to the (massive) cost of living difference that salaries in general are (much) lower.  I don't necessarily mind a lower salary but I'd like to make sure the "standard of living" is similar.  I guess what I'm looking for is something along the lines of "Well sure, you're only making €80k, but that really goes far here, you'll be able to still dine out often, rent (purchase?) a 3 bedroom flat in a hip area" etc.

If anybody who was a software engineer (especially from around San Francisco) has anything to say about comparable salaries I'd love to hear it.

Thanks!

You are right, making sure your standard of living will not be affected is important.

I do not have knowledge about software engineer jobs but I wanted to emphasize that, to get a good idea of your future purchasing power in France you first need to know how much your salary will be after paying income tax and social contributions.
I hope you will have a pleasant experience in Paris.

Regards,