Literacy levels in Vietnam

probably a question for those who have a close Viet association,is there a difference between male and female literacy and if so is it improving ?

With regards to your question of literacy levels between boys and girls here. First and foremost the education system here in Vietnam is a complete joke. It is a system of corruption! If in doubt watch the kids spend most of thier day riding back and forth from school clogging up the streets at least four times a day then at at night as well. They ride at night to the same teachers house for actual instruction of the same material they were supposed to be taught during the day. Thier parents in turn have to pay bribes to the teachers or thier students do not get good grades. If a student excels the parents have to pay more,a good way to keep students from growing as well as the country. I give this information because I have Vietnames friends who have children and they have shared this with me. As to your question about differences between girls and boys. The girls who want to excel go to university and are much more driven to succeed. This country works only because of the women. The sad part is they spend four years then are given jobs that pay the same as someone who has very little eduacation. This is driven once again by worthless males,the Golde Children of Vietnam. I know this because I have personal friends who experience this on a daily basis. Thier only real future for now is to leave the country and go elsewhere for work that rewards thier efforts of schooling!!!