From South Africa, want my family to move to a better place

Hi, I'm 32 South African, married and have a 19month old son. I want to move to The Netherlands. I want to give my family a better life and I want my son to grow up without seeing crime and violence. Can anyone help me please.

Hello chuck83 and welcome on board

So as to help you get more interactions, a new thread has been created from your post on the Netherlands forum.

I suggest you to read the Living in Netherlands Guide as well as browse through the forum by 'Forum categories', whose tab is found on the up right side of your screen to gather infos.

You can afterwards ask for proper question to finalize your project.

Wish you all the best :top:

Regards
Kenjee

chuck83 wrote:

Hi, I'm 32 South African, married and have a 19month old son. I want to move to The Netherlands. I want to give my family a better life and I want my son to grow up without seeing crime and violence. Can anyone help me please.

Hi Chuck 83

This link may help you.

Hi Chuck

Although you do not need a short term visa to visit the Netherlands (less than 90 days), you will have to apply for a MVV before leaving South Africa if you want to live and work here. You cannot arrive on a short-term visa and then convert it to a MVV. You will have to leave and apply. This process can take anything from 3-6 months. Just a word of warning. If you think you can just stay after the 90 days you will be deported for overstaying. Then you will have a problem entering here. there is a vfs in South Africa that deals with all Shenghen issues. Good Luck.

Hi Chuck

We are a South African family who moved here this year in January. It is quite tricky to get a work visa and there is a lot of paperwork involves. Prepare carefully on your side and use a resettlement consultant/ emigration lawyer to assist. We used Brookfield and Settle Services to help us find a school and house and this service was paid for by my partner's employer.

It is a big adjustment and we miss lots about SA, especially family and friends.

Hi Chuck.  I'm 31, from South Africa, married with a 17 month old daughter.  And seriously considering the same thing!

I keep my LinkedIn-profile up to date. Some of my previous colleagues were contacted by employers in Amsterdam via LinkedIn.  And the employer arranged the visas, flights, etc.

Just make sure yours are updated too.  It is also useful when you are in the Netherlands and applying for work.