Emergency help ASAP Visa question

Hey guys, before I came here I thought I had read up on everything very well and had all of my paperwork in order. However, I failed to see that I needed a "Certificate of Good Conduct." I can have my mom go to my county in the USA and get it and have it apostilled and then sent to me, but does anyone know if it has to be notarized as well? Anyone having any experience with this? I just need to know. It would basically be impossible to get it notarized from here though. I have my fingers crossed that it only has to be apostilled.

ashleysummerr wrote:

Hey guys, before I came here I thought I had read up on everything very well and had all of my paperwork in order. However, I failed to see that I needed a "Certificate of Good Conduct." I can have my mom go to my county in the USA and get it and have it apostilled and then sent to me, but does anyone know if it has to be notarized as well? Anyone having any experience with this? I just need to know. It would basically be impossible to get it notarized from here though. I have my fingers crossed that it only has to be apostilled.

Two questions, do you plan to obtain it from a local PD or from the FBI....and how is your mom going to get it?  Usually the application for such a document must be made in person, and in the case of the FBI....a fingerprint card must be taken.

Well my mom works for the PD, so hopefully she can get it. And if I do it through the FBI, can my fingerprints be done at the U.S. embassy in Bucharest? are both the PD and FBI records acceptable for the residency application?

Have you asked the immigration police in Bucharest what they want to see?  You need to review this link ENTIRELY about Criminal Records Checks

When I came, I had a police certificate from a county sheriff's office and MAI here didn't care about it.  I only had to go get a "cazier judiciar" from around the corner, which took 2 weeks to come back, and submitted that and they were happy.

You might want to check with the police here and see what exactly they want, to perhaps save yourself some legwork and stress.  If a "cazier" will do, it's much easier for you :)

Romaniac

My experience has been you need it notarized if it is just some simple document. If it is issued by local government, state or federal authority it does not need to be notarized you just need the apostile.

Greg

wow, where did you go to get that? that'd be a lot easier

ashleysummerr wrote:

wow, where did you go to get that? that'd be a lot easier

It would be a lot easier to understand who you are addressing if you used the quote function, or @(username) so everyone knows who your comment is directed to ;)

If you were addressing me about the "cazier judiciar"...you get it from the local police.  You'll have to look it up in your area/sector, but they can usually issue it on the spot now.  You should probably need a 2 RON tax stamp from the post office, a copy of your passport and a application form.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

They don't care abo ut it here...I live in deva and just arrived and applied for permanent status,,,i had the good conduct document and they did not ask for it.

duklip wrote:

.I live in deva and just arrived and applied for permanent status

:unsure That's a new one.  How did you manage to bypass the 5 yr temporary permit and apply directly to permanent?  Off topic I know, but curious minds want to know :)

In my case only apostilled was needed. However process took so long that they requested a second one as the previous was 2 months old (again because the process was very long). So conduct letter do expire to the eyes of Romanian authorities. Good luck!