OVERSEAS FILIPINO WORKERS IN BRAZIL

Hello Everyone!! I'm Nowei and I'm a newbie here. Currently I'm working here in Thailand and just recently I found out that Brazil is visa free for Filipinos. :-) I'm interested to move there if it is possible to seek a good or decent job. If may Filipino dito, please reply in this forum. Thank you so much. Stay safe. God bless.. :-)

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u531/wjwoodward/ENGLISH_zps6781a35b.jpg

Hello Nowei,

First of all, this is an English language forum so kindly post in ENGLISH ONLY here in consideration of all of our members.

Regarding Brazil being "visa free" for Fiiipinos, that ONLY applies to coming to Brazil as a tourist. You are permitted a 90 day stay and entry to Brazil with just your valid Philippines passport.

Working in Brazil as a tourist is strictly prohibited and can result in expulsion from the country, so I would not recommend you try. Also employers who hire employees not having the proper documentation face heavy fines and criminal charges.

Anyone wanting to work in Brazil requires either a VIPER Permanent Visa or a VITEM-V Work Visa.

Finding a job here in Brazil is an extremely daunting task, since the law here requires that all employers prove to the Ministério de Trabalho e Emprego - MTE (Min. of Labor) that they've exhausted all avenues to place a qualified Brazilian in a job vacancy before they can hire an expat to fill it.

As a tourist, you certainly are free to LOOK for a job, but can't start it until you have the appropriate VITEM-V Work Visa. You can apply for that visa here in Brazil through the MTE, but would have to return to the Philippines in order to receive it personally from the Consulado-Geral do Brasil in the Philippines.

Also you'd really need to prepare yourself for a lot of loneliness... there are really very few Filipinos here in Brazil compared to other nationalities. I've seen postings here from some of your countrymen complaining about just how difficult it was to find any Filipino friends here. In my opinion it really would be like searching for a needle in a haystack.

Cheers,
James      Expat-blog Experts Team

Hello Nowei
This is Dr Roy. This is too personal but would you mind if I ask XXX? I might help you. Thanks.

Moderated by Julien 8 years ago
Reason : please post in English
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello rrmtexas,

ENGLISH ONLY please!!! You're posting in an English language forum and there has already been one warning about using only English. Your Tagalog message has been removed, it is not appropriate here.

Cheers,
James      Expat-blog Experts Team

Thanks for these information James. Ohh I'm so sorry.. My bad if I use my dialect.. I'll be more cautious next time.. Good evening..

Here in Brazil we don't have Filipinos living here as long as I know but differently from USA for example we don't have racial segregation. U won't need to find a Filipino community because u will easily make friends in all races here. Don't need to feel shy just talk to ur work partner and soon ull be good friends.

The post is about 4 years old, but it could help others in the future.

Hi James
Good Day! I want to visit brazil.and find some good opportunity,thanks
First, our good friend James died after a homicide took him from his family and us! RIP James!

As to finding a job in Brazil, you need to have a company sponsor you and make an application with the government for approval. This is difficult due to the company must prove there are no Brazilian that can do the job.
-or-
You cannot work in Brazil unless you obtain a Permanent Visa. Check the Brazilian Consulate near you for information on different Permanent visas. Once you obtain a PR you apply for a work card.

@Texanbrazil How awful! Did James lose his life in Brazil? Was it vehicular homicide or other form of negligent homicide, or intentional? What city did he live in? Thanks,

mooseheadlaw,
James was murdered in Brazil in his city Macaé. His family had to move back to Canada after his death.
Murder was not solved to my knowledge. Definitely intentional.
Expat community was very helpful in assisting his family.
Never enough thanks to Expat ownership and employees. Thanks again Julian and all.
Thank you.
You are welcome he was helping all for over 20 years. Sadly it brings me back to when James helped me get settled and always PM me as to how things were going.
@Texanbrazil

First, I'm really sorry about James. I just found this forum and I could check that he was really supporting everyone.

Second, regarding the Filipinos going to Brazil, my question would be more related on how easy would be for a Filipina to get the job in Brazil. As I would be getting married to one soon, I'm trying to find some information on how is being for them to work in Brazil and despite me being a Brazilian it's being quite difficult to find information. For sure I think that on personal life she would be fine, but I don't want it to be so much stress on what is related to finding work.

Do you have any idea about it? As I understand she wouldn't need the working visa (for being married with me), but the companies would still be on that situation where they didn't found an "original" Brazilian first to justify if they are hiring her?

Thanks in advance for your time here.
Ian,

"As I understand she wouldn't need the working visa (for being married with me),"

She will need to obtain a permanent residency after you are married. The information she needs will be from the Brazilian Consulate in the Philippines.  I would recommend she gather all the information in the Philippines. I found it difficult to gather information while in Brazil because many items need legalization/apostille in the home country. ( I do not know the exact regulation for Phillipeno/Brazil PR visas. Others here can help.)

She, or anyone, cannot work by just being married to a Brazilian. She needs to be a permanent resident and then she can get a workers card.

If you have further questions, just ask
Hello Ian, Taxanbrazil is quite correct, marriage alone means little to the government. You need to follow through with all of the paperwork, otherwise, she is basically only a tourist in Brazil.  I do not know if the Philippines has more than one Brazilian Consulate,  but there is one in Manila, http://manila.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/vi … mation.xml     The visa for marriage is called Reunification and it is intended to bring your family member to Brazil to live, permanently, not just for a brief visit. This called is called a VITEM XI.  When doing your own research, be mindful of the dates of any material you find as almost everything changed at the end of 2017, even material in 2018 should be suspect as things were changed and solidified. So, ANY and ALL information you find dated prior to October/November 2017 should not be considered valid for anything.

I can only guess whether the rules will be the same or similar. For example, these rules are identical, "For bearers of a Philippine passport, visiting Brazil as tourists or on business, there is a visa exemption for a period not exceeding ninety (90) days, provided that he/she will not seek any employment in Brazil."

If the Philipines is like the USA, it will indeed be much, much easier to do all of your paperwork there, not in Brazil, it most certainly was for me.