How many personal cellphones can I bring into Ecuador?

I'm so confused.  😱 I have read and read and still can't figure it out with so many different comments. 

Looking for a number.  How many cellphones can I bring in.  I'll have one on my person and was going to bring 3 more used cellphones in my luggage.

How many are allowed?  Before I am have to pay duty or import fees or whatever they want to call it. 

Thanks to all in advance who reply.

Bringing in a total of four cellphones should not be a problem for you and Louise.  Obviously, that's just two per person.

What the dogs of SENAE are looking for is immigrants bringing in many new cellphones (or other products) for commercial re-sale.

So each of you pack one cellphone in carry-on, one in luggage ... and make sure they're not in unopened original packaging.

cccmedia in Quito

Better yet, one on your person and one in each carryon.  I think the rule is no more than two cell phones per person.

And, apropos of nothing, with alcohol, you are allowed to bring in three liters per person or family group. I have seen them get a bit testy about couples splitting up and trying to get more booze in.  They took the booze and went dumpster diving in their suitcases.

In general they are not real hard on us.  The last time I brought back ribeyes.  Ran it through the customs scanner and they helped me put it back on the cart.  Age has some benefits

Thank you for that response, simple and to the point my friend.

Don

Thanks for the advise on alcohol.  Was only was going to bring in one bottle of Chivas I have left unopened for the last 8 years, then, well as I thought about it, decided I needed a drink and well, problem solved itself.  Quite smooth, the age thing, you are right.

Don