Expat Meet up - Sept 20th - Starbucks coffee Surabaya

Since many people are calling for a meet-up and no one seems to organize, then i will.

What: Coffee & Hellos- Expat meet-up
When: Sept 20, 2015, 15:00H
Where: Starbucks Coffee, Ciputra Mall, Surabaya

I wanted to post my mobile number but for safety reason, i would rather not. Just send me a PM, so i would know if how is the response (in number) of expats here in Surabaya.

Date/Time MAY be changed depending on the response of fellow expats.

See you!

Noel a.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Sharing of external links not allowed on the forum

It appears that many are asking for a meet-up and when one is organized, we receive silence!

If there is no response until tomorrow (18/9/15), i have to cancel this schedule.

cioa!

Since no one replied. I am cancelling the meet-up.

I recommend introducing yourself so that others can see if they want to meet you. Tell them that you are a Filipino and tell them what kind of work or business that you do. You may get lucky and find some friends. Obviously not all expats want to go on blind meetings. Also, although it is wrong, I believe that many westerners think of expats as coming from the west and incorrectly regard many southeast Asians more or less as locals which is very wrong.

I Agree!

The essence of meeting-up is to "meet" unknown" people. If the meeting place is not in a public place and sounds "fishy" , maybe a good background of the organizer is well deserved. However, the place is very public and hence background may not be needed.

Anyway, thanks

I am sure you are right. As you say, no background about you is needed, I am sure many people will be excited to have a coffee with you. Good luck on your meeting with not background or introduction about yourself.

Let's meet up