Cost of living in Jordan

Hi everybody,

It would be very useful to talk about the cost of living in Jordan.

Don't forget to mention where in Jordan you are living.

How much does it cost to live in Jordan?

> accommodation prices

> public transportation fares (tube, bus etc ...)

> food prices(per month, how much does it cost you?)

> health prices (for those who need medical insurance)

> eduction prices (if you need to pay)

> energy prices (oil, electricity)

> common bills (Internet, television, telephone, mobile phone)

> prices of a good menu in a traditional restaurant

> prices of a beer and or a coffee in a regular pub

> price of the cinema

Do not hesitate to add items to this list!

Thanks in advance for your participation!!

can you please help me out with the cost of living in jordon(amman)

renting 150-350 JD /month

monthly poket mony 250- 700 JD

is getting jordan visas that difficult?

EXPENSIVE! If you want to live and shop in a decent, clean store like Safeway or Cosmo you'll pay the price. We all still shop in these places but items come with a stiff price compared to the States. Mostly I bring whatever I can from the USA if I know it will be very expensive in Jordan. We all use very light weight suitcases so we can pack as much as possible. I make a trip to and from Jordan about 3 X per year and I manage to bring all my favorite stuff with me. Such as: hair products, makeup, food stuff, sheets, blankets, curtains, pillows, shoes, clothes, and jackets. Plus I bring things that are light weight but cost way more in Amman, such as dryer sheets, dishwasher soap, favorite snacks, contact lenses, lense cleaner to mention a few things. You just have to know who to pack and what is most important to you. Good Luck!

vwbug wrote:

EXPENSIVE! If you want to live and shop in a decent, clean store like Safeway or Cosmo you'll pay the price. We all still shop in these places but items come with a stiff price compared to the States. Mostly I bring whatever I can from the USA if I know it will be very expensive in Jordan. We all use very light weight suitcases so we can pack as much as possible. I make a trip to and from Jordan about 3 X per year and I manage to bring all my favorite stuff with me. Such as: hair products, makeup, food stuff, sheets, blankets, curtains, pillows, shoes, clothes, and jackets. Plus I bring things that are light weight but cost way more in Amman, such as dryer sheets, dishwasher soap, favorite snacks, contact lenses, lense cleaner to mention a few things. You just have to know who to pack and what is most important to you. Good Luck!

Hi There!
read many posts re moving to Jordan/Amman but not getting sensible info as i had hoped, despite the threads had been read many many times, probably by people like myself, genuinely interested to find answers.
i liked your observations and a quick clear picture of whats it like living on a day to day basis.
i am from States, currently living with my family in dubai (for the last few years) and making a move to jordan before end of year.  i did the same as you for all the years living in dubai --annual trips to Target then lug back my suitcases of necessities to dubai... lol. and, this is dubai, where supposedly you can find almost everything...
anyway, would you mind me contacting you for extra info, pls?
much appreicated,