Looking for a nanny

Hello all,

We are a family who moved to Addis recently and we are looking for a nanny for our two children. One of our children will go to school (pre-K) and the other child is a year and half old and will stay at home. We are looking for a baby sitter who can take care of our two children.

If you know of a nanny who you can recommend, that would be optimal. But if you just know where we should look, that would be very helpful as well.

We are looking for someone who has some experience taking care of expat children.

Thanks for your help

Best wishes,
-Amin

hi there im yafet well uv not declaired of what ur criterias are like thos the nanny should fullfill and other specifics such as if salary range and so on and any ways call me ** and we could discuss

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security, Please do not share phone number on the forum.

I am just curious about why looking after an 'expat' child may be different to taking care of an Ethiopian child.

I have a sister who had been working for an NGO that has phased out as a Nanny. She's really good at it. So, if you want her, please let me know for how long will the contract be and how much are you going to pay her per month.

Thank you.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Sharing of personal contact infos on forum not allowed, please use the private message system

Log into OddsnsoddsnAddisAbeba. Lots of personnel, furniture, pets, computers etc etc. You will find someone suitable on this site.
Good luck
Rob

Excellent point my friend. There is no difference between looking after an expat child and an Ethiopian child. The somewhat disturbing assumption being made is that expat children demand more tender loving care and attention than local Ethiopian children hence the need for "experience looking after expat children". It is like an Ethiopian going to New York in the United States and advertising for a nanny and specifying in the ad "experience of looking after Ethiopian children" required.

Could not find such a thing as OddsnsoddsnAddisAbeba by browsing. Can you please type the correct one?

Thank you.

If you are still looking for a nanny, let me know. I have someone who is interested.

I am available if the offer still stands.kindly reply if you are interested

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Drop an advert in the jobs section please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@wkidist

Do not expect a reply as you have posted on an old thread.
You can place your CV in the jobs section at the top of this page.

For security reasons it is unsafe to post contact details here on the open forum.

@Amidek hi my neme is eden I live in the cmc area and I worked as a babysitter if you Voluntary call me ***

Moderated by Priscilla 10 months ago
Reason : please do not post personal contact details for security purpose
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@edendereje171

This thread is old and inactive.

For your job search, i would advise you to create a new thread in the Jobs in Addis Ababa section, it might help you.

Thanks,

Priscilla

Expat.com Team