Exchanging old licence for new EU plastic one

Been to the Ministry of Transport today to exchange the wifes card Cyprus Driving licence for the new EU plastic one.. beware you need to complete the TM07 form which is all in greek, we asked someone to help us then you need to have your yellow slip and passport as well = wait in the side queue to see Mr Thomas who will then process your application and take your photo..... then we are told it will take 15 days to get the plastic one... lets hope its got the right photo and right name on it when it arrives!!!! now we wait

it is like a lot of other administration here in cyprus toon all written in greek, as cyprus is in the e.u. they do not  cater for for the people that cannot read or speak greek. when the e.u. changed the driving licence rules if a person resides in an e.u. country for 6 months or more, i complied and went to renew my driving licence to a cypriot one, no plastic licences were available, personally i don;t see why when britain is in the e.u. why the driving licence had to be changed, it should recognized in every e.u. country. a complete and utter waste of time and money.

couldnt agree more, however i believe you can still use an eu licence as long as its valid... am still driving on my uk one and will continue to do so....as its still valid till 2018 when the photo expires.. we had to do it for the missus as her photo had expired....

http://cyprusdriving.net/cyprus-driving-licence/

at least it was free  - having only replaced it three months ago - got the laughable card and stapled photo licence ..omg