Intriguing things in the News ......

Okay, one of the cool things capturing media attention concerns the possibility of 'time travelers.'  Seems that a guy watching an old Charlie Chaplin film from 1920 noticed a woman walking by in a street scene who appears to be talking on a cell phone.  I've watched  the clip --most intriguing!

If you're interested in photography, another great discussion concerns the oldest photo of a human.  You can see that picture and discussion  HERE.  How many people do YOU see in this pic??!? 

Please be sure to check out THIS LINK to see a colorized version produced by one of the commentors.

Come on Allie :D if The Flintstones had a stone computer, surely they had cellphones back in the 1920s! :lol:

Now seriously, let me point out a couple of things. I have this question; If that lady is talking on a cellphone, who is she talking to? If you travel back in time with a cellphone, who are you gonna call? We have two options. Either you call a timetraveller with a cellphone, like yourself, or you call someone in the future you came from. Question answered? No! Becuase as we know, the cellphone itself is a part of a huge wireless network. That is, if she managed to bring her phone with her from the future, how is she gonna operate it without cellular stations or even a satellite? Now suppose that is some futuristic technology of which cellphones don't need such transmission stations. Then, you'd expect that the phone itself won't resemble the ones we use now, but rather something more compact like an earpiece not something that big. Now I'm not going to totally dismiss the possibility, I do believe we humans know so little and all the knowledge we have is much smaller than the tip of the iceberg, but I'm going to take an Occam's razor approach to this and go for the simplest explanation; she's probably bumped into something shortly before she entered the picture and she's rubbing the side of her face while calling herself and idiot and laughing about it. :cool:

Cute - I saw this and the 'rest of the film' last night here in Marrekech!   Its amazing what they can do these days!

Good theory!  But .. doesn't she look familiar?  I think it's Margaret Thatcher.

CAF wrote:

Cute - I saw this and the 'rest of the film' last night here in Marrekech!   Its amazing what they can do these days!

Amazing what they can do.. like .. time travel?!?

Alliecat wrote:

Good theory!  But .. doesn't she look familiar?  I think it's Margaret Thatcher.

No... the Iron Lady would never shy away from a camera.:)

kzm40 wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

No... the Iron Lady would never shy away from a camera.:)

LOL.. good one!

siemens 1924 hearing aid

The picture. No biggie.

beezer wrote:

siemens 1924 hearing aid

The picture. No biggie.

Party pooper!

But who is she talking to? :P

Saudi Arabia is taking baby-steps on nikabi (Women covered from head to toe) rights. This piece of news  gives me a tiny hope of not having to wear abayas in a far future. It was on the newspaper a couple of weeks ago that "Saudi women cashiers become role models".
Number of female workers surges and most of them say they enjoy what they are doing and are happy to earn their living.

Riyadh :The veil did not prevent Saudi women from working as cashiers in many supermarkets and even enjoying what they are doing. Many of them, who work for Al Aziziyh Panda Mall, a chain of supermarkets in the kingdom, are very happy to be dealing with the customers.

The twisted "Saudi" part is that they have a segregated booth where they have to stay covered up; and can only serve female costumers. Shocker :/

Nina_01 wrote:

Saudi Arabia is taking baby-steps on nikabi (Women covered from head to toe) rights. This piece of news  gives me a tiny hope of not having to wear abayas in a far future. It was on the newspaper a couple of weeks ago that "Saudi women cashiers become role models".
:/

Please Don't hold your breath till that happens

mirfarali wrote:

Please Don't hold your breath till that happens

I was just thinking the same thing--hopefully I'll be LONG gone!

First Human Picture;Seriously if if didnt have red circle around ,i could have never seen them :P...I t must be really expensive and exciting to have it,our forefathers had rare pics to show us but the next generation would get fed up to see the folders and folders of our collections . :lol:

Looking at the ladies working with covered face make me bit uncomfortable,its not that i disrespect them but being asthmatic, i immediately start thinking "Hey,how do they manage to breath in and out" ??:o

Oh God,It must be difficult to cover yourself whole day:rolleyes:

nonz wrote:

Looking at the ladies working with covered face make me bit uncomfortable,its not that i disrespect them but being asthmatic, i immediately start thinking "Hey,how do they manage to breath in and out" ??:o

You know what?  I've noticed it affects their hearing, as well.  If you look closely, you'll see that the cloth from the niqab and the hijab meet right over the ear, so there's a double layer of cloth to hear through :/

nonz wrote:

Oh God,It must be difficult to cover yourself whole day:rolleyes:

I have quite a few niqabis on my compound so our Halloween party went down REAL well :D
HARAM HARAM HARAM :lol::lol::lol:

They deserve to have been given free tickets, Zara. Where else would you get originals for a Halloween Party?

Allie:You know what?  I've noticed it affects their hearing, as well.  If you look closely, you'll see that the cloth from the niqab and the hijab meet right over the ear, so there's a double layer of cloth to hear through

Honestly,I never noticed this but technically you sound so right but i guess they don't mind :/

Zara:I have quite a few niqabis on my compound so our Halloween party went down REAL well big_smile
HARAM HARAM HARAM

More details pleazzzzzzzzz:P

Doesn't anybody see the child looking out the window in the picture?

Alliecat wrote:

Doesn't anybody see the child looking out the window in the picture?

Oh i missed that....and even noticed few ants strolling on the pedestrian :P...Did ya???

oh come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!  This is intriguing stuff!!! :P

Alliecat wrote:

oh come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!  This is intriguing stuff!!! :P

But i thought its to test your illusion abilities too:rolleyes: