Down syndrome association

Hi,
Does anyone know if there is a group of parents with down syndrome kids, like All4DS in Dubai?

Hi

it is better to go to hospital

Thank you. Besides specialized medical care, our children ~and parents of kids with special needs~ also need social supports from people who accept them totally and who 'has been there'. If you know what I mean.

I think he meant that maybe you can find out about the groups from the hospital.

Right. Thank you very much.

I don't know about Riyadh but there is a place in Jeddah called Hope Center maybe they would be able to guide you to a group or similar center in Riyadh. Google Hope Center Jeddah to find their website & facebook page.

Dear stressedmom,

I know Hope Center. It just didn't occur to me to inquire them since they are in Jeddah. How silly of me. I'm too stressed to think straight. 😝  I'll contact them. Thank you very much.

maria2arshad wrote:

Hi. I teach English to people with Down Syndrome online successfully. I'm based in Saudi Arabia.

Amid so many stories of learners not adequately learning through online classes, here is a success story of someone with Down Syndrome fully benefitting from this pandemic-imposed technology-assisted learning. She has progressed more and is way more productive via online learning than during the in-person classes.

For every 1.5 hours she spends with a teacher online, she puts in 2 hours+ doing homework on her own at her own pace! This homework requires her to watch a video and answer comprehension questions. More challenging is that such homework is not pre-taught i.e. she gets to see it prior to the class discussion. So motivated is she that she texts to ask for homework to be sent even on days of no classes! Isn't that taking responsibility for one's own learning?
Surprisingly, online lesson delivery has made her more focused on a task producing more skill acquisition, a stronger understanding and greater independence. She can navigate through Socrative, Kahoot, Miro & zoom skillfully too!
Credits also to the parents for their immense support throughout!
I believe this teaching-learning model works for other people with Special Needs who need a structured learning environment and plenty of personalized scaffolding learning.

Hello,
great work, would you like to take more students? If yes, pls share your contact number in message.