Things to do during Eid?

Hi Everyone,

I am going to spending Eid alone Riyadh and I wondered if there are any more experienced ex-pats out there with some advice on what to between the 18th-27th of this month? So far, I will be visiting the national museum in Riyadh and am considering a 2 day tour with Haya Tours to Al-Hijr.

I would fly home for Eid but I wasn't actually aware that I was getting so much time off and I'm just back from a 2 week break at home.

Any suggestions welcome.

Angela

Brilliant.you could go to Dammam or Bahrain and explore. Whts yer limitations on budget or travel restrictions if any. Locally you could go to the Abha region. Its cooler there with some hills and greenery.

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply  :)

Yes, I was thinking about Bahrain alright, sounds like a fun place. In terms of travel restrictions... I'm not sure what you mean? I don't have kids to worry about.  I would like to save money so I would prefer the cheaper destinations like Bahrain etc (although I'm still tempted to run away to the beautiful Philippines!) I had a quick look and flights to Bahrian are only around €/$200 which is good.

The Abha region looks beautiful, thanks for the tip. Should I be worried that it is very close the Yemen border that I was told to avoid?

Well actually Angie what i mean by travel restrictions is if you have a multiple re entey visa  and any countries you cannot go to without visa. The cheapest way to get to Bahrain would be to take a bus from Dammam. You could take a train from Ruh to Dmm.

Ah, that makes sense. Yes, I have a multiple re entry visa so there are no issues with coming and going thankfully.  I will have to watch out for countries that require a visa though, myself and a friend were going to head to Goa on a whim a few months ago until we realized that we needed visas! I didn't consider getting buses around Saudi, or to Bahrain, good idea thanks :)

Happy to help. Check online on visas for Bahrain. I think they do give you a visa free entry on arrival if u have a residence in Saudi. Book early for hotels.

Hi Angela, how Are you ?
Me and my better half would be travelling to Bahrain for Eid, you can join us if you want to.

:)

Any one have plans for eid holiday in dammam !!

I can't imagine staying here on vacation,so I'm going to Bahrain this Eid. I heard that there are water theme park, excellent cinemas at Alsaif mall, etc...

That's a very kind offer Mariem, thank you.

What date are you traveling? I think that I am going to fly from Bahrain to Dubai for a few days first and then stay in Bahrain for a while on my way home.

Anooos wrote:

I can't imagine staying here on vacation,so I'm going to Bahrain this Eid. I heard that there are water theme park, excellent cinemas at Alsaif mall, etc...

Sounds like a good plan Anoos. I spent most of the last Eid here, not pleasant. The compounds turn into ghost towns!

Bahrain has alot more to offer than movies and nightclubs. Bahrain Fort is a nice place to visit both for a day trip and evening. Adliya food street is worth paying a visit. There's Amwaj lagoon and plenty of activities.

And yea myself didn't plan properly for Eid seems to be a real boring and quite Eid waiting for us. Unless Hail and or Bahrain

Angie_expat wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I am going to spending Eid alone Riyadh and I wondered if there are any more experienced ex-pats out there with some advice on what to between the 18th-27th of this month? So far, I will be visiting the national museum in Riyadh and am considering a 2 day tour with Haya Tours to Al-Hijr.

I would fly home for Eid but I wasn't actually aware that I was getting so much time off and I'm just back from a 2 week break at home.

Any suggestions welcome.

Angela

Hi Angie,
How are you doing today?
Great..When you're done visiting to that two days tour with the area take time also to fly to Jeddah sometime during your holiday period.Knowing that you are in the Kingdom please take time to utilize your time to view somewhere in Jeddah City.Meet me @ the Corniche.
Jeddah is dotted with family-friendly places but none are better known than the Corniche especially during holidays as a family get together spot.Likewise,Jeddah is unique in being able to have a Corniche filled with art by world-renowned artist both from abroad and from the gulf as well as sporting the highest fountain is famed as being several meters higher than the famous Geneva fountain.
Have more....fun in the Kingdom while you are around!
Daniel

Torch wrote:

And yea myself didn't plan properly for Eid seems to be a real boring and quite Eid waiting for us. Unless Hail and or Bahrain

Hi Torh,
Eid is just around....Happy holidays while spending your time with you love ones.
Have fun whenever you are in the kingdom during the Holidays..
Just take good care.But
Eid Mobarak!
Daniel

Hi danieldelin can u send me ur contact number? To my email xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your e-mail ad on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Can u give me the number this guy will do my massage plz