Learning Japaneese languge

Hi

my sister wants to learn Japanese language, she has basic , how many weeks does she need?

I would like to know the answer too.
Sure it will depends on the social relations with native speaking, or sholarship to learn the language.

Hm. It really depends. How intensive? In a university setting in Australia for instance, students spend 6 hours a week learning Japanese for 12 weeks to complete half of the beginner level. This type of course usually involves a lot of exercises focusing on grammar, writing composition, and tape-listening practice.

The best way to learn it is to do a full time course. Before I learned Japanese I studied Mandarin. The drop out rate was almost half. The first year was back home where I learned to read, write, speak, use a Chinese dictionary, translate etc. It was full time, 9 - 4.30 five days a week. The dropout rate was almost 50%. The second year I studied overseas and improved my conversational Chinese as well as learning about culture, history, business Chinese etc. That basis was invaluable for learning Japanese as many of the written characters are the same as Chinese.

The best way to learn Japanese is to do a course, full time if possible so that you get totally immersed in the language. You need to mix with Japanese people so that your conversational Japanese becomes fluent. You ask how many weeks? To become proficient I would say at least one year. But nothing beats living there because that is where your level really improves.