Moving to gozo with kids

Hi there
Mu husband (italian) and I are considering moving to gozo possibly as soon as next year.
We have two kids aged 7 and 10 ( as of today!).

Even though I am British the kids' first language is italian.

I am trying to gather as much info as possible regarding schooling on Gozo.

I have read some good reviews of "The Happy School " in Victoria.

Does anyone have any information?

Based on this choice I have identified Fontana as a possible home base but need to make sure the catchment area is right. Anyone know?

Is it true that as EU citizens the kids have  the right to Maltese lessons?

Are school exams in Maltese?

OMG it was so much easier when I packed up and left the UK for Italy all on my own many years ago!!!!!!

Thanks

think twice of chosing Gozo if you are with kids going to be secondary school soon, as they might have to commute to Malta, and yes the government schools teach in Maltese until 6th form, having english as a foreign language,  not easy for foreign kids to cope. Only church and private schools provide english speaking education in primary and secondary school,  having 3 most of my salary has been spent on school fees :-( here .
wish you the best ,...

We have been on Gozo 4 years (this month) - gosh time flies!!)
My daughter went to The Happy school and my son is still there, an excellent school and they do teach some lessons in English although may explain some things in Maltese to the Gozitan kids. Both my kids had special Maltese lessons for expat kids. A good idea is to put your kids in after school club at the school where the kids do their homework and there are Maltese teachers to help them with the Maltese homework.
My daughter is at Church Secondary school here on Gozo now and some of her lessons are still taught in English and she does her Social studies and Religion exams with her writing the answers in English if she doesn't know the Maltese words. But the majority are taught in Maltese. I've not noticed a difference in the number of lessons taught in English v Maltese since primary school. My taught has friends at the state school and they are still taught in English/Maltese. They are used to expat kids and will adapt where they can.
Im not sure if the catchment area for The happy school, although I believe that is isn't as big as it used to be, we live in Xaghra and were able to move our kids to the school in Victoria from the Xaghra school. If you live in Victoria/Fontana you should be ok. The school is very popular and increasing in size every year!

If you have any specific questions them feel free to PM me.