New expat couple, just moved to Pau, looking to make new friends :)

Hi all,

My husband (27) and I (24) have just recently got married and have moved to Pau (64000), France.
I arrived a month and a half ago, and my husband will be arriving next week.
Our French is still very basic, but we are slowly learning (and very keen to as well!).
We would be so interested in meeting new people and making some new friends in our new home!

xx
Patricia

PatriciaJVR wrote:

Hi all,

My husband (27) and I (24) have just recently got married and have moved to Pau (64000), France.
I arrived a month and a half ago, and my husband will be arriving next week.
Our French is still very basic, but we are slowly learning (and very keen to as well!).
We would be so interested in meeting new people and making some new friends in our new home!

xx
Patricia

Hi Patricia,

You sent me an email that I replied to very late I'm afraid. If you want to pop in to see me, I can tell you about the classes we do and also about the free café & conversation sessions that we organize. I don't know if you have any children, but I can introduce you to some of the people we teach already and maybe help you to find places to go and things to do where you'll meet other people.
Give me a ring on *** or send me an email if I can be of any help.

Ellie

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : for your security, please do not put your phone number on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Ellie and Patricia,
I am also new in Pau ( since 2 weeks). I have two children ( 2 and 4 y.o.) and I would love to meet for a chat and make new friends. We are settling in Pau where we will spend next 3 years. If there are any "expats get together" groups or "mums and children play groups" I would love to join them! and a bit about myself: I am 34 y.o. I am Uzbek ( from Uzbekistan).
Anna

Hi Anna,

Sorry for the late reply! We don't know of any get together groups, but are just trying to get familiar with the place and maybe make some friends. Let us know if you would like to meet for coffee!

Patrícia

Hi Ellie! Apologies for the late reply, there has been absolutely lots going on!
My husband is actually enrolled at the university here, attending full-time French lessons. However, I will definitely get in contact with you at a later stage if he still requires some extra lessons, or even for myself.
Do you perhaps know of any expat groups around Pau?

Patrícia