Need advice

Hi all,
I was going through all the comments and feedback regarding the best gynae in muscat. Jus wanted to know if qurum clinic is good in regards with minor/ major surgeries as well. And need more info or experiances about the doctor. planning to concieve but having some complications and have been suggested to undergo a laprascopic surgery. any information will be appreciated. thanks

Hi poisonivy212,

I only share my personal experiences in this forum, or at least as far as possible.

If not personal, my source is always credible and reliable - usually, published news items from the English language newspapers, tabloids, and magazines.

Many years back, I have personally been to the Qurum Clinic, when they were operating out of their earlier premises in Qurum. I have also personally met with their head doctor, who has been around here in Oman for eons, Dr. S.L. Well, I do not wish to explicitly name anyone here.

We, (i.e., my wife and I) found her to be bossy, arrogant, obnoxious, and therefore rude. Yes, she has a huge practice - mostly patronised by the locals - and may be that's why she thinks no end of herself.

I swore never to go there again. And sure enough we never did. The first and the last visit was so very unpleasant because of her bad attitude. This is my personal experience. However, right here in this forum, I have also read posts where members have sung her praises !!

After our rather unpleasant experience at the Qurum Clinic, we did our homework better and finally ended up with one Dr. Shalaka Kant, an Obstetrics and Gynaecologist in KIMS Oman Hospital in Darsait.

Dr. Shalaka Kant is excellent. I can assure you that she is caring, compassionate, and kind. Just what a good doctor is supposed to be. And exactly what Dr. S.L. was not. And you can quote me. On both instances.

At a broader level, the problem with medical services in Oman is, it is seen only as a lucrative money-spinning business. So any visitor is viewed as an investment. Forget service, it is all about making profits - just like any business venture.

Recently when in I was in India, I visited the Christian Medical College (CMC) Hospital in Vellore. It is a hospital which is reputed and trusted for its excellence, not just in India, but across the entire Asia region. The hospital motto is "Not to be ministered unto; but to minister".

Trust me when I say that in Oman you will never ever find any hospital / clinic / medical service provider even coming anywhere close to this.

Good luck to you.

hi sumitran
thanks for your prompt reply. well i stay in muscat and was looking for the treatment in muscat only. As travelling is a concern. the surgery Im looking for is a minor but still Im little confused whether to do here or in india. But I will definetly consult the doc u recommended. having mixed responses are making it more confusing. 😓

Dear all Greetings from Bagh Ali.I have been living in oman since one year with family.my previous employer terminated me and ask to search new job with visa and promise me to give NOC only for transfer of sponsor.please let me know for cancellation of visa my family also need to exit oman or only i have to go and come again.please advise me.

Regards

Bagh Ali 1 wrote:

Dear all Greetings from Bagh Ali.I have been living in oman since one year with family.my previous employer terminated me and ask to search new job with visa and promise me to give NOC only for transfer of sponsor.please let me know for cancellation of visa my family also need to exit oman or only i have to go and come again.please advise me.

Regards

Since your family is also sponsored by your employer based on the family residence, they will also need to exit with you in case of cancellation. Your best option is to take an open NOC prior to your exit. That will give you a relief once you exit Oman in a way that you can search any new job of ur interest being in your country.
If you find job before your cancellation date, then based on your NOC, you will not need to exit the country and the visa can be directly changed/transferred to the new employer. In that scenario, your family will remain with you as their visas may also be transferred.

Thanks a lot dear for nice advice!