Volunteering in the Netherlands

Hi,

While living abroad, some expats wish to get involved in the local community life.

What organizations expats can turn to if they want to volunteer in the Netherlands?

How to join a charitable institution, what are the steps?

Which causes have the greatest need for volunteers in the Netherlands?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience and advice,

Maximilien

Hi I was a volunteer in Casa Migrante in Amsterdam
I was teaching basic English to Latin American people who have just arrived in the country (i'm Spanish, so it was easy to translate words when they didn't understand something)
My experience was amazing and I encourage other expats to do it
Thanks

Volunteering is vey easy in the Netherlands, without volunteers the economy can collapse if they don't exist, and you can do this in almost every field: animals, kids, disabled, elderly but also as board member of your sport club, funding raisin, events of what ever your interests is.
If you are already know the organization, you can ask about their policy and if they need volunteers.
Or if you are not familiar, you can visit their website and see if they have a policy.
Sometimes you get a short training before you can start.
It is a great opportunity to help others, improve your language or other skills and its not a rare situation that you get a job.
Employers love to see that while you were waiting for a job (except applying)  you do something for the community.

The most organization have an insurance and pay you some expenses, its worth to try.

Hi the Moderator,
Is there any ways i could be of help to the Netherland society?  if there is kindly send me a link a nd how to meet with them for appointment. Kind regards,
Larry

Iam experienced teacher of English and can volunteer teaching english to small children

Hi all,
I just vane from a volunteering organization to get some information and your comments encouraged me even more to do that. Bedankt!
I am spanish and the lack of knowledge of the language initially was reducing the possibilities but i will find something
Any good webage in eindhoven?
Thank you in advance
Good job, volunteers!!!

Hi,
I am interested to volunteer in Netherlands. I studied from Netherlands at Maastricht School of Management and I am currently leaving in Uganda.
For more write to me: ******************

Hope to hear from you,
Regards
Tonny

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : do not post personal contact details here for your own security

Is there any in Rotterdam? I do have some spare time for that. :)