Volunteering in Egypt

Hi,

While living abroad, some expats wish to get involved in the local community life.

What organizations expats can turn to if they want to volunteer in Egypt?

How to join a charitable institution, what are the steps?

Which causes have the greatest need for volunteers in Egypt?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience and advice,

Maximilien

Hello  Dear
We are a training center in south of Egypt in a city called Qena located 60 kilo from Luxor , and we are looking for vulnteers who like to teach English as we have no chance to get native speakers in high salary , but we could arrange accomodation and cash for food and transportation ,
So if you know some one who would like to share us our experience and enjoy being in very traditional local upper egyptian local community ,

Regards
Hanan Prince

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Sharing of personal contact infos not allowed

we are a group of Doctors go to streets to give some people advices about low back pain as it's one of the most common disease in the whole world more than 80% of people
we talk with people about things that they complain from.
give a summery about low back pain causes  symptoms, risk factors and also show pictures about wrong posture that we r keep doing every day by mistake we tell them the good healthy postures

if any one interesting go to our page on facebook.com/StreetDr

any one can join us even if not a doctor

visit our page to see what we have done

we are STREET DOCTOR

Hi street doctor
I was very interested to read your page on Facebook. I am sure you do a lot of good speaking to people about their backs but to my observation there seems to be many more serious problems that the community should hear and learn about. Other than back pain. Unfortunately, again this is only what I have observed there is no "faith" in the ordinary general practitioner in most area of Egypt
In my country (Australia) we don't have street doctors as such but we have many public medical centres for which the "street people" can attend for treatment and advice
I am sorry to see that Egypt does not share the same empathy with its poor and under privilege  as we do
Please do not take this personally I understand the governments both now and previous have a lot to answer for But, I wish more Egyptians would stop living in the past and move on to the future then just maybe there would be more help and understanding spreading throughout the country. Finally God bless you for your wonderful work and compassion

Hello

Just read about volunteering, I am a legal expert having practiced law for over 14 years in kenya. I am now resident in Cairo Egypt with my family and wouldn't mind sharing my expertise with the group.

Thanks

Dickson

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Sharing of personal contact infos on the forum not allowed. You may share some infos here if you can help please?

Hanan - I've seen your needs in several places - I might have an interest in helping and setting up a mutually beneficial situation.

Dear Maximilien
    if you're interested about orphans & Orphanages I'm a member in some places trying to help as much as i can like visiting & handling their income resources, join me if you like this magical part of life.

Please post more details about your work as I am interested I helping

Dears
  I'm an accountant supervisor and doing some volunteering work beside my main job, I'm handling their donations and doing some activities with them to give the orphan best life like a normal child with his parents

I'm a member in Dar al.genan in 1st district ( close to nasr city)  and resala ( everywhere in Egypt)
It's really amazing feeling to help some one needs you without any hypocrisy..

Hi Rania.
I'm interested to be part of volonteers to help orphans in Egypt.
Please send me a private message in case you need some help.
Regards

Hey,

I'm interested as well in volunteering.

Did anyone found any organizations in Cairo??

No none that really made eel like joining. I have now moved out of Cairo and help out. At the orphanage here.  Look up the orphanage in Cairo and the would probable love some help.  Good luck

Thanks for the reply! :)

I love what you are doing!!

Any volunteer groups or orphanages in Hurghada?

we already declared an event for Day of orphans......
https://www.expat.com/en/events/africa/ … phans.html
Our page on https://www.expat.comhttps://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=566115

Dear Cape,
    There's a charity (NGO) in Hurghada related to Resala organization if you like to join them anytime, they doing many activities there.

address: Nasr Street, beside Zahran & Golden horse office, 3rd floor...

their hotline No. 19450

if you need any further help please let me know.

Best luck

natalia_eg wrote:

Hey,

I'm interested as well in volunteering.

Did anyone found any organizations in Cairo??

Hi Natalia

I have one as I mentioned above in 1st district, New Cairo

it's an orphanage with 10 girls & doing some extra activities beside.

their address is: Abdel Hamid Gouda Al.Sahhar Street, Banafsej area No. 7, 1st district, new Cairo

Phone: 0111-366-00-93

hi Nataly
we are Second Chance Center .international training center located in QENA CITY SOUTH OF Egypt  just 60 km far from Luxor city we are multinational team work we running lots of training programs including languages if you still looking for volunteering chance plz contact us for more further information .looking forward to hear from you
contacts DR. Hanan Prince xxx
prof. Rachil Altamirano xxx
best regards
Dr. Hanan Prince

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum + register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

What kinds of support need ? I already call to those number but no one pick. Please describe details.

Hello and thank you for your reply Dr.Prince. I'm sorry but Luxor is too far for me right now. Your program sounds interesting and plausible if the distance wasn't so far. Good luck with your program and future endeavors!

thanks cape cod  and plz  if you knew about some one who could be interested plz pass my contacts
best regards

I'll be happy to !

Best,
Cape Cod girl

Hi
I read your post and was wondering if you knew of any girl/lady who is looking for a place to live in return for helping an elderly lady. We would be willing to pay a negotiable wage and they can have Friday and Saturday off if they want. Please let me know if you can help. If you can't do you know of any organisations that help women who are destitute or in need for some where to live.  We would be very grateful for any information

Maximilien wrote:

Hi,

While living abroad, some expats wish to get involved in the local community life.

What organizations expats can turn to if they want to volunteer in Egypt?

How to join a charitable institution, what are the steps?

Which causes have the greatest need for volunteers in Egypt?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience and advice,

Maximilien

Hello to everyone,
id like to help animals ,in some associatons here in Cairo. Someone can help me?