Moving to Norway with kids

Hi,

Moving abroad is an adventure for both parents and children: settling overseas is a challenge for each family member.

How was the move to Norway for your kids?

How did they manage to adapt to their new environment?

Share with us your experience and advice on settling in Norway with children.

Thank you in advance,

Priscilla

I don't have kids when I moved here but i have met and have several friends who have moved here with their children (with an age range of 5-13).

And based on my observation kids adapt easily when it comes to the language, community roles and family dynamics, probably it is aided by children's universal language which is "playing".

A vital factor that has played in making it easier for these kids to be able to adjust easier I have observed is that the parents (both, single mom , or single dad) that are entering the new environment are equipped with some knowledge about the area they are entering, the culture and the language of course. Because home is the primary support that serves as the backbone of a child's ability to ride the changes around them.

And also having room for error and less pressure to adapt is important so that they can ease in gradually without feeling huge culture shock impact.

p.s. i don't say that this applies in general or to everyone, like i said i don't have kids yet so this is from my observation :)