Advice on accommodation in Cairo

Hi

Please can someone tell me if 2000LE is enough to live WITH internet and a/c in Cairo + other living costs

Also - average flat rent (one bedroom) in Cairo please.

Would appreciate any advice

Many Thanks

B

Welcome to Expat-blog, RKelly82 :)

Your discussion has been redirected to the Cairo forum for effective communication and networking.

Regards,
Sheetul

Internet- the cheapest one is around 100 le/ month
Electricity (depends how much you use)-can go to 1000 le/ month (if you are not carefull)
One bedroom flat(little bit hard to find in Cairo such thing)price depends on the area- can you be more specified
Door man can go up to 100 le/ month
water+gas up to 100
If you will share the flat with someone else you may have enough only for this things, otherwise is a bit hard, unless you go for very cheap areas(i dont advice you to do that)
I can tell you that in a place like Maadi you can find more foreigners and they can advice you about prices and places around it.

hi becky,

we use tedata for internet service and pay a monthly fee of ninety five le we purchased the router for three hundred pounds because were here long term you can also rent the routers for about fifteen le per month which would make the monthly fee 110 le

for our home with six people our monthly water bill is under forty le and we water our garden everyday along with washing two cars weekly.

natural gas is very cheap here and i dont ever recall having a bill above 15le on a monthly basis

the normal local phone service runs us around a hundred pounds a month.

I would have to say that 2000 LE is more than enough for rent and bills (ie. internet and bawab) in a flat share.
Rooms range from 800-1500 at most,  depending on where your looking.
Studio apartments start roughly from 2000 LE/ month (again, depending on where your looking.)

Hey Becky ,

I Happen to know an American lady that has a studio for rent in Maadi and its for 1000 L.e as i remember, PM me if interested.

Enjoy your stay :)