I got my Permanent Residency, now I have to leave Brasil

I just got my permanent residency status approved and I will be getting my card in about a month.   But I need to leave Brasil for about 6 month to a year before coming back to I relocate myself here.  I was told I need to notify the Federal Police station ( where I got my permanent residency approved) in case I change / leave my current location.

Is there anything I need to bring in order to bring change my address such as passport from my country, utility bill from my apartment overseas, etc etc?

Thank you in advance for any information.

If you are just leaving Brazil temporarily and intend to return to the same address then you don't need to do anything right now. You're allowed up to 2 years outside Brazil once you've been granted permanency, before it would be cancelled. That is based solely on the exit and entry stamps in your passport.

If you will move to a new address in Brazil on your return then you should notify the Federal Police within 30 days of the actual move. You need a proof of address such as a utility bill or rental contract in your name in order to change address, so you couldn't do that change of address now anyway.

I strongly recommend that you do wait at least until you've received the Cédula de Identidade Estrangeiro before leaving Brazil however, because your protocolo expires on the date shown in PRAZO, and you would need to renew it if the CIE isn't ready. You can't do that outside Brazil. Also having the CIE and the stamp "Registrado como Permanente" in your passport will eliminate any problems you would have with foreign airlines who want to see a VISA. They don't know what a protocolo is, and may not let you board an aircraft to return to Brazil otherwise.

Cheers,
James     Expat-blog Experts Team

Thank you very much for the detailed reply.  i will talk to my wife about the cie and confirm  all options with her.   Once again the you for the detailed reply.

Iam Mr Carmo
Brazilian living in Belgium
(moderated)
Lets talk
Thanks
Mr Carmo

Carmo,

Your posting has been removed from the forum for security reasons.

PLEASE DO NOT POST PRIVATE / IDENTIFYING / CONTACT INFORMATION ON OUR OPEN FORUMS.

Cheers,
James    Expat-blog Experts Team

Hello james,

Hello Yvan,

Welcome

thanks james.,
i have been a fun of this blog and your posts for a while,
keep up the good spirit,you are of enormous help to many
good job