Hi! New here, some advice needed!

Hi,

I am new to this forum and have got quite a few questions. If you can offer any feedback on the issues I raise, I would be extremely grateful. And finally, my apologies if this post goes on a bit!

I am interested in moving to Bulgaria (full time), with a friend of mine. We are two young guys who don't particularly enjoy living in England at the moment, so we are pooling our resources together to move abroad. As I am sure you can understand, a major draw of Bulgaria is the cost of living as well as the cost of property (compared to here at least!). However, we have done extensive research and believe Bulgaria to be a beautiful country, which has the potential to suit us perfectly.

The first thing we require advice about is which region in Bulgaria would be best suited to our needs, so hopefully over the course of the post, you will get a feel for what we are after and may be able to make some suggestions. Weather is extremely important to us; we love the sun, but are not too bothered about whether it is warm. I have read that on the coast, the north (eg. Varna) is similar in temperature (in the summer) to Burgas, but that it has a lot more cloud and rain? So if people could offer insights into other parts of Bulgaria that would be great. What would be ideal is somewhere that is sunny and warm/hot in the summer and sunny and cold in the winter… A concern I have, is whether being higher up means drastically different weather to being closer to sea level? i.e. wind!

We have also decided that we would like to live inland (partly due to expense), and would like a fairly big plot. However we would also like the internet. We see the ideal situation as living maybe on the outskirts of a medium/large village, but close (15/20km) to a big town. Basically to allow for things like the cinema etc.

We like the idea of being able to grow our own fruit and vegetables, so would be interested in hearing from anyone who has recommendations of locations that are well suited to this.

If you are still reading; thank you! I have an awful lot more to say, but I will post that another time, once we have (hopefully) received some advice on the best location(s) to narrow our search down to. Oh and if anyone has anything critical/sees any big problems with the above, please say!

I look forward to your feedback.

Thanks!

Paul

Paul, have you thought of south-west of Bulgaria? Sure it is not on the see, but you can be very close to city like Plovdiv, which now has direct flights to London with Ryan air. A small city like Perushtica would be reasonable and you can afford having a nice lot size. The question is finding someone that is honest and reasonable to help you out in finding and closing the deal.

Here is a link of google map where it is located: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= … 19727&z=13

Also, on the outskirts of Sandanski, is very nice and sunny and hardly the winter is any worse than London cold times. The winter there is short and you may not even see any snow. And again, it would be reasonable if you do  not care to live in a 4000 sq. ft. mention within gates and fancy architecture, and all 9 yards...

I hope you consider continuos income as you are considering relocating to Bulgaria, as well as healthcare and such.

But if you are looking at the see... anything of a 50 km radius inland would still be quite pricy. I am sure however, that with a good helper that knows the country and their way around it would be doable to find a reasonable place that it will fit your needs.

Now, as far as the weather... as you may now... mountains are gorgeous here. But the weather changes frequently, just like in any other mountain chain. And you could still have plenty of foggy days during spring, fall and winter and thus fair amount of snow. As far as internet, that is not a problem in Bulgaria, unless you are in a completely remote location, in a village up high in the mountain where there are no even phone connections... and it would look more like a neighborhood rather than a village, yes, that small.

Just in case that you are still looking at this post... here is what I came up on today: http://bazar.bg/обя&# … 4;-м