Activities during weekends and visit the island. Is it safe?

Hi everyone,

Im an Spanish worker who has been recolocated to Montego Bay for the next year. I would like to know new people in order to adapt easily to the Island. I will be living in some of the resorts of the north of the Island. I would like to do some activities at the weekend and visit all the island. I want to know some more about the security there.

Thanks everyone .

Hi Nacho13,

great to hear your looking to relocate to Jamaica. I am looking to move to the island next year as well but I will be in the Ochi Rios area.

The security is ok, however your better off finding other expats in Montego bay who have lived there and can show you the ropes. If your not looking for trouble you will be fine as Jamaicans are very friendly and out going people.

Every area/parish in Jamaica has its uniqueness so  you need to know the do's and the don'ts.

Good luck! hopefully we can meet next yr :)

Hello Nacho13,

Welcome on board  :)

I have created a new thread from your post and the feedback you had on the Jamaica forum so that you can get some ideas on what you can do there.

You can read the Leisure and things to do in Jamaica section of the forum so as to get some hints.

As far as safety is concerned, check out the following thread : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=493864

Best of luck,
Bhavna