St Pauls Bay: activities and friends for 8 and 11 year old children?

Are there any regular activities, courses etc. for children in St Pauls bay? Summer school and the nurseries are for those who have parents working in Malta and younger children, so those are not for us. It would be nice for them to meet some other kids and learn english before the school starts. Sports, art, music, any kind of activities would be great! I Would love to meet other mothers, too with kids aged 7-14 ( our kids are: 8 girl, 11 boy, 14 girl). We love animals ( we have a puppy), music ( we all started playing guitar), sports, having fun with friends etc. Please let me know if you have an idea where to look!!

Hi,
we are a swedish /italian family coming to Malta in January. We have 2 kids 9 and 11 years old. I m wondering is you have found a place / stable where you can ride. I m looking this for my youngest one that loves horses. Is there any place near Sliema where we are gong to live?
I hope you enjoy your life in Malta. How is in the winter time? Where are your kids going to school?
My youngest does not speak english, how was the transition for your kids?

Thanks

Hello, We arrived 1 month ago, So I really don't have any idea yet  how they are going to adapt I, school and so on. I'll get back to you when I have more info

there is a small  - Animal park, near Ta'Qali national park..
We went once there, and the kids love it . It's not big, but looks nice.