Singaporeans in German through Study Visa

Hi everyone and anyone who went through the study visa application process. May I know if any of you used Letter of Obligation as an alternative means for stating financial proof and if it work because I do not have enough time to open a block account if I want to get a visa in time for school to start.

Really would appreciate the help!

Hi Sherriliu,

I cannot help with your visa problem (never having been in this situation), but I would like to welcome you as a fellow Singaporean in Germany (well, I am "just" PR and lived there 12 years, but my wife is from Singapore).
If you need to know anything about living in Germany as a Singaporean, or want to meet other countrymen, please feel free to contact us!

Hi beppi,

Thank you for the offer of help! If I do need any advice on live in germany I will be sure to contact! Thank you for the reply and welcome too!

sherriliu wrote:

Hi everyone and anyone who went through the study visa application process. May I know if any of you used Letter of Obligation as an alternative means for stating financial proof and if it work because I do not have enough time to open a block account if I want to get a visa in time for school to start.

Really would appreciate the help!

Hello, I am an Indian and during my visa application they only asked for "Block account". It took around 7 days to open a block account. Majority of university understand that many students get late visa and they let you enroll into the study program till Dec.
My personal experience I arrived in Germany (TU Chemnitz) on 24th Oct 2013 (around 2 weeks late) and my university permitted me to enroll and other students who were later than me they were also able to enroll.
You can check with your university about the last day of enrollment.
I would like to recommend you to visit "samtog" website for information on Germany, as that website helped me to settle down.

hope you get your visa on time :)