Information on Las Terrenas - where to meet expats?

Hello All,

I just found this forum and would like some help if it is available.  I will be in LT starting tomorrow for about a week.  I was hoping there is a hang out or a place I can go to meet with other Ex Pats who have made the move.  I would like to get as many pointers as I can to help with a possible move. Lawyers and Real-estate agents and anything else.

Thank you

Anthony welcome to the forum.  There are lots of good folks here with lots of information to share.  I am not in the Las Terrenas so specific questions about that area I will leave to others to answer.

However we moved to the Sosua/Cabarete area 9+ years ago and can certainly answer questions about moving here, renting, building, life, residency, and how to "survive" here.  The DR is not for everyone.  Have you been here before?
What makes you want to move here?

There is lots of info here so read, read and then read some more on all the various threads and feel free to come back with specific questions.

Again Welcome

Bob K

Hello Bob,
Well to start i can give you a little backround.  I have spent a lot of time in the caribbean in various different countries.  I was introduced to DR some years ago and for lack of a better term, i fell in love.  I am from the United States and i am looking for a simpler life.

I will be in LT for the next week looking into some property.  So the advice i am looking for is more of refferences for a lawyer and real estate agent.  I have looked into the rules and regulations and i am familar with the issues that come with buying in DR.   Well at least some of them.  I am looking to possibly get touh with some english speaking expats and gain as much knowledge as i can.  Maybe even some friends alog the way. 

Thank you so much for your reply.  It is very much appreciated.

Anthony you are welcome and good luck.  Sorry I could not help you with info on LT

Bob K

Hi there, I too would be interested in locating a place where English speaking expats meet for drinks or meals. We will be in LT from late Feb to May. Thanks Pete

Hi, I live here, and the English speaking expat happy hour place is now Mojito's near Punta Popy. A group with a lot of experience meets there everyday about 4-6 PM.

Thanks Dan, look forward to meeting you and others at Mojitos in February. Pete

Hi. We are looking into moving to LT also.

Questions and answers about Las Terrenas

Ask your question
Road from Ciabo Airport to Las Terrenas
By Travelove
Reputable Home FInancing?
By Caribegroupies
In mid 50's moving to Las Terennas.
By erniecast
Sounds so dangerous
By LeishaDarlin
Possible relocation to Las Terrenas from USA...
By Italia1970

Expatriate health insurance in Las Terrenas

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Las Terrenas

Moving to Las Terrenas

Find tips from professionals about moving to Las Terrenas

Travel insurance in Las Terrenas

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Las Terrenas

Flights to Las Terrenas

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Las Terrenas