New to the forum

27 years in France and living in a very quiet area of the Charente, and hoping to move to the Bordeaux area in the near future.     I'm just pleased at present that I don't reside in Calais !!!

Hello Prefect38,

Welcome on board  :)

Thank you for this little introduction. Maybe you can also tell us why you want to move to Bordeaux and a little about your experience of living 27 years in France.

Best of luck,
Bhavna

Thank you Bhavna for your welcome message. I was a CID Officer in  a northern police force, retired, went to University and then became a Financial Consultant. My business was very successful and my wife was worried that the pressure of working long hours would be damaging to my health. So I quit and moved to the Vercors in Eastern France. After 9 years of living in the longest cul de sac in the French Alps, we left for pastures new and settled in the Centre just south of Bourge, beautiful in the summer, but bitterly cold in the winter with one year dropping to -17 deg.
We moved to our present house 12 years ago, 2 old farmhouses that I joined together and  personally renovated to a very high standard. We were expecting our family to move here as well at the time, but the family prefer England and just visit several times a year. We now own a 10 room 4 bathroom house that is becoming too large for my wife and I to look after efficiently. I have a feeling that I would like Bordeaux as a final resting place, I have passed through it many times on our annual winter visits to Spain and have spent many hours checking the area with the benefit of the internet and on Google earth