Professor in adigrat university/ cost of living

Sir, I am Dr. Rajesh sharma, I have selected as asisitant professor in adigrat university,
I am considerung this job
How is it city

Adigrat is small city not likeJaipur but climate is plsesant.

Sir , my mail id ***
Sir have so many questions in mind. I need to clarifie thses questions

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.

How is adigrat university . last month have selected me as faculty. Right now I am in process for visa. Is it safe city for living , how much cost for living , food, etc

Hello Dr. Rajesh sharma,

Welcome on board  :)

I created a new thread from your posts and the feedback you had on the Ethiopia forum as you were off-topic on the other thread.

Hope it helps,
Bhavna

Dear Dr.Sharma,
Adigrat is safe, climate is good. Although you can not expect facilities like Jaipur;basic one are available.

Bring warm clothes and blanket,.Expenses depends on your lifestyle.; for a normal living 300 USD is enough for a single (housing excluded).
Non-Vegetarian food is much cheaper. Local food grains like wheat, Barley is also cheap in comparison to india. Limited Indian vegetables are available; of course ample of local varieties present.

Adigrat town is far from the capital city of Addis Ababa and based on my 10 years of experience in Ethiopia.I am sure it will be quite challenging if your food and living habits are strictly Indian.

At the same time there must be other Indian Expatriate in the university, so they will guide you properly .

What I will suggest you to begin with, carry all the essentials with you in order to mange things at least for 15 days .

For more information you can write me on ++++

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : for safety reason please send your personal details in private