Learn Conversational Thai from a thai male? - recommend bangkok

I am looking for a Thai tutor to teach me to speak Conversational Thai in Bangkok.

Can you recommend someone who can teach me to speak basic Thai?

Is it better for males to learn with males and females to learn with females given the differentials with phrases pending on the gender?

I like the idea of paying someone for private tuition but do you know of a good school which is focussing on conversational Thai you can recommend?

If anyone has any experience of learning Thai be it a good one or bad one, please advise, anything I should avoid?

I would be open to teaming up with other learners if it means getting the right tutor, I believe this may be appealing to a tutor if there was more than 1 person in class but yet small enough to be pretty much like private tuition?

any help is appreciated.

If you don´t need the Visa or Extension, Stay AWAY from language school, So many of them are so bad, Don´t have good teacher, After 3 years using Language school (before i got married) i can tell you out of around 12 teacher, only the 2 male was "good", The 10 women was very bad.

If you not to old, not to shy, Then go to a university near you area, Go there for midday when the student come and eat.
See if they eat inside at University food center (yes you can go in and eat there all so) or they eat outside the street.
Take contact to them, Tell them you want to learn Thai, And that you be able to help them in return to learn some English.
That way you learn Thai, And if they like you after some time, they take you out to see things, See what Thai do, And learn you a lot more about Thai live as a bonus.

If you want to learn Thai and about Thai, i do think it is important to have both male and female teacher.
Because i know, That the way Thai male think about Thai female it not the same as the Thai female is going to tell you it is, And again the Thai female think about Thai male.
I do think it is important to learn both side.

A good way to learn (i think) Is to learn some words, some way to ask for thing, how many, what the price, can you lower the price, name, age, where you from and so on.
And go out and practice it, Be good if you teacher come with you and help you.

Be ready to make a fool out of you self, Be ready for some great laugh with the Thai.
For sure you going to get the tone wrong, So the word you trying to say, get a other meaning.
But i do think the best way to practice is to do it between Thai in "normal" day things.

Kindly.

i had fun in a language school and met lots of great students there, i also learned the Thai alphabet and many things really. it definitely was something i dont regret doing. I went to walen in asoke

Hello Rc2702

An advert in the Language classes in Bangkok will help spread the word on your search

Regards
Kenjee

By own experience I don´t think it makes a difference to study with a male or female teacher. It is just important to find an experienced one - and be prepared to pay for that. Private class definitely more intense and beneficial than Group class - that is more fun though. And one meets others and can make new friends.

My wife is a professional Thai teacher with almost 20 years of teaching experience. From entry to advanced business level in  various industries and governmental organisations. Usually she got free slots during afternoons. If you are ready to study in the city (Pathumwan Area), let me know and I will talk to her. And "No" - she is not my teacher, I want to stay married ... ;)

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : No free ads here please + register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct