Stray dangerous dogs

A friend of mine who lives near the beach is currently being kept awake ALL night by a pack of about 20 stray dogs. It seems that there is a female on heat and this has attracted many other strays. Consequently they are also fighting and we feel it may only be a matter of time before the dogs may even attack a person or small child. 

Does anyone know who can I report this to, who could take some humane action. I am an animal lover but there really is a ridiculous number of dogs at this location and it needs to be brought under control somehow.

Hello gurj,

This issue has been discussed numerous times on the Mauritius Forum *******
Read this thread and you'll have an idea of what you're up against.    https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=441976

With sympathy for your situation,
James
Expat-blog Experts Team

Hi Gurj,
There are a couple of options that you can do to try to help with the situation.

1. Ring PAWS on:  The Vale - (+230) 263 0541 or  Union Vale - (+230) 637 3025 - They will be able to advise you and may also let you know the dates/days/times that they hope to be in your area doing sterilizations , by working together to get as many dogs sterilised.

2. If you are sure it is just one female, then maybe she could be caught and sterilised especially if she has an owner as lots of people put their dogs out at night when they go to bed.

The sad thing is this noise should stop soon as the female will come out of heat, but more pups will be born.

Also the MSAW are doing Free sterilisation clinics from 1st September.

Can you tell me which beach on the Island you are referring too? Maybe I can get some help to that area.

Hmmm maybe try and get hold of a local organisation ?

Hi Gurj

Just to confirm after our private messaging, I have sent your message to PAWS and SOS plus 3 other friends - all are great people doing their best for the Islands strays - I hope one of them may come up with a solution for you :)

Already PAWS :)  has been in contact :) and they need your phone number so they can ascertain exactly where abouts on the beach the dogs are, they will help you all they can and are looking at sterilising the dogs - this will stop the fighting over a female.

Please PM me your telephone number so I can pass it onto them.