Can you please advice what are the fun and safe things to do in POM

Hello and good day everyone. I am from Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. I will be visiting my husband who is currently working in POM. He is also from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

This is my second visit to POM. On my last visit, we did not go anywhere as my husband said that it is dangerous. The only place we went to was just the supermarket for grocery shopping. Luckily it was just for 7 days.

This time round, I am staying for 2 months. Can you please advice what are the fun and safe things to do in POM. I also like to meet new friends especially from Malaysia.

I will be there October 2015.  :)

Cheers
Linda

Hi Linda,

The Botanical are nice and for an afternoon outing,  they have birds, a few animals and nice
flora in a park setting.  Also Adventure Park is even better and has some amusements.  There is a museum. Vision City Mall is safe and has shopping,  cafes, coffee shops, food court and a nice Cinema showing current movies.  Connecting with folks who have been in PNG for a while will allow you to experience some of the city you won't normally see on your own.  They can also take you a village to experience PNG life on a local level.

If you are here for the 40th Anniversary of PNG Independence in the middle of Sept there will be a lot of cultural shows that will be awesome.

My wife and I would be glad to show you and your husband around some if you are interested in getting out for more than grocery shopping.  Please reply to me via email or message and we can connect when you get into the country.

Hi Stevehigh,

Thank you for your prompt reply. Yes i remember going to Vision City. And i still remember how everyone was looking at me like Im an alien :)

But will keep that in mind. Botanical garden and Adventure park...but up to hubby to take me.

I will be there 30 Sep so i guess ill miss the celebration.

Wait for my email ya...

Thanks again...

Linda

Hi db loco,

Thank you for the info. I will sure look out for that.

Cheers
Linda

Hello everyone,

Please note that i have created a new thread on the Papua New Guinea forum from Linda's post and some of your feedbacks so that you can better interact.

@Linda, you will also get some ideas here : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=491307

Best of luck,
Bhavna