Street photography in riyadh

Hi all, i have heard a lot of rumors about riyadh... Will someone tell me, what are the consequences of if i click pix on the riyadh street...?

There are several areas around the city that have signs "no photos" allowed. Everyone has a camera phone and always taking pictures. I have never seen anyone harassed for photos.
I think there are laws that government property cannot be photographed. I wouldn't worry, you'll see people taking pictures all the time.

Thank you for information... :-)

To avoid trouble stay away from all govt. offices and sensitive installations. I would rather not photograph anything within city limits. Go out to the desert or an oasis or whatever natural attractions nearby and pursuit your hobby there.

Rcortez wrote:

There are several areas around the city that have signs "no photos" allowed. Everyone has a camera phone and always taking pictures. I have never seen anyone harassed for photos.
I think there are laws that government property cannot be photographed. I wouldn't worry, you'll see people taking pictures all the time.

Not only that. There is much more to take care of e.g., don't breach anyone's privacy, don't publish online, get permits etc. Yes, most of us don't usually see anyone being questioned but who knows who might have a bad day.

I was once stopped by Haia in a public place and all my shots were checked for any possibility of shots focused at girls. Nothing found and I was spared.

This must give good insights: http://www.saudigazette.com.sa/index.cf … 0207232936