Non-Eu with Spanish marriage, need advice.

Hello all,

I am a non-eu citizen (Turkish) and i am in Madrid at the moment with my turist visa. We want to get married with my girlfriend ( spanish ) here in Madrid. I have almost all the documents ready but my turist visa will expire in 2 months and half. What would be the best to do? Because we have an appointment and the registro civil at 15 of september, and i don't think we will have enough time...

Any advice?

Best Regards..

My wife is Mexican and we got married here (I'm Spanish). She has a residence permit so this was not a problem for us.

In your case maybe the best option would be to return to Turkey and then come back to Spain with a new tourist visa. But the best advice naturally would be to speak to your Turkish consulate in Spain. If I were you I wouldn't make a decision before speaking to them.

I would have thought that as will be marrying a Spaniard that she could obtain all the info you need.

Just an idea.   My wife is Filipino, when we came to Spain, having married in Manila, she needed a 90 day  tourist visa, however, once she had started the application procedure for residencia, it did not mater that the via then expired.

Maybe you could apply for residencia, which I am sure you will do anyway once you are married.  I suggest you get your fiancee to make some esquires along those lines.

Contact the residence registration office and simple ask them. Different offices will work in different ways. In North Spain I was rejected 3 times, in the South I was registered without issue and the guys in the office were amazed that the north were applying such crazy restrictions on applications.

Its supposed to be a national system but like most things in Spain, it isnt.

hello guys,

is it okay if get 45 days schengen visa for spain, am from India. and then plan to marry my girlfriend who is spaniard. i mean can i marry while am on schengen visa and later on can it be converted. pls advice thanks
Barun