Perform Ummarah on visit visa

My parent will coming on visit visa. can they perform Ummarah?

as per law no, but almost all muslims do who comes on visit visa

As per law they cant do hajj on visit visa, but they can go for umrah, make sure to go before month of Dhul hijjah starts.
Normally 15 days before hajj they will stop anyone who doesnt have a hajj permit, so take them as soon as they arrive.

alpha.one wrote:

As per law they cant do hajj on visit visa, but they can go for umrah.

Sorry Friend, that's not true. On visit Visa you can't do either Hajj or Umrah !! And I mean Legally.

yes they can go for umrah but not near haj month

Thank you for your reply, they are coming after Hajj, so that wont be an issue.

msa27 wrote:

I don't feel comfortable taking the for ummarah if it is not legal, I think doing Ummarah illegally can not benefit anyone.

this is what I am trying to clarify :(

oilsand wrote:
msa27 wrote:

I don't feel comfortable taking the for ummarah if it is not legal, I think doing Ummarah illegally can not benefit anyone.

I vouch, it's a valid concern.
Go here (https://visa.mofa.gov.sa/FamilyVisitVisa/create) to start filing application for a visit visa and it's clearly written there.

أتعهد بتدوين جميع بياناتي بالشكل الصحيح من واقع رخصة الإقامة وتدوين بيانات المطلوب للزيارة من واقع جواز سفره وأتعهد بتوفير السكن العائلي المناسب والتأمين الطبي ومغادرة الشخص المطلوب للزيارة قبل إنتهاء مدة الإقامة المحددة في تأشيرة الدخول وان يكون طيلة مدة إقامته في المملكة خاضعاً للأنظمة والقوانين المرعية وأن الغرض من الطلب هو للزيارة للعائلية فقط وليس لأداء الحج أو العمرة وأتحمل كامل المسئولية إذا ثبت خلاف ذلك. كما أفوض وزارة الخارجية السعودية بالاطلاع على سجل بياناتي في المملكة.

And there are many other places as well where the prohibition is clearly highlighted.

If it is a normal visit visa then no problem for performing umrah !
For Business visit visas some time they put a stamp with the entry date at the airport saying    "No hajj No umrah"         in this case it is get illegal.

you are right my friend.

I pledge to write down all my data properly from the reality of residence permit and the codification of data required to visit from the reality of his passport and pledge to provide appropriate family housing, medical insurance and leave required to visit the person ends length of stay specified in the visa before and that will be for the duration of his stay in the Kingdom subject to the laws and regulations in force and that the purpose the demand is for a visit to the family only, and not to perform the Hajj or Umrah and take full responsibility if it is proven otherwise. Saudi Foreign Ministry also authorize access to the Record Me in the Kingdom.

So one can not perform Ummarah when visiting on visit or Business Visa. we have to be careful and ask our self it is worth it?

TheLegendLeads wrote:
oilsand wrote:
msa27 wrote:

I vouch, it's a valid concern.
Go here (https://visa.mofa.gov.sa/FamilyVisitVisa/create) to start filing application for a visit visa and it's clearly written there.

أتعهد بتدوين جميع بياناتي بالشكل الصحيح من واقع رخصة الإقامة وتدوين بيانات المطلوب للزيارة من واقع جواز سفره وأتعهد بتوفير السكن العائلي المناسب والتأمين الطبي ومغادرة الشخص المطلوب للزيارة قبل إنتهاء مدة الإقامة المحددة في تأشيرة الدخول وان يكون طيلة مدة إقامته في المملكة خاضعاً للأنظمة والقوانين المرعية وأن الغرض من الطلب هو للزيارة للعائلية فقط وليس لأداء الحج أو العمرة وأتحمل كامل المسئولية إذا ثبت خلاف ذلك. كما أفوض وزارة الخارجية السعودية بالاطلاع على سجل بياناتي في المملكة.

And there are many other places as well where the prohibition is clearly highlighted.

But the real question is "niyyah" if they have it then even the law in the eyes of god is invalid.

If umrah was 'illegal' then it would be clearly marked 'not valid for umrah' or they would not be allowed to enter makkah.

If you are not clear on this, take it to the checkpoints outside makkah and ask the personnel, and they would confirm that its not a problem not is it illegal.

Im not sure if any of you are muslims (the ones giving advice), but any muslim who goes to makkah can perform umrah. The only restrictions officially are on hajj, and they would refuse entry into makkah during that time unless one has a permit.

If they are coming after hajj, then no need to worry. Ask the people at the embassy stamping visa if they are allowed to go for umrah, they will clarify.

The visit visa page does mention 'hajj or umrah' because thats different type of visas, and in case someone is purely going for either of the two then they should get that separate category of visa.

Great answer, I agree with this.

thanks man!

alpha.one wrote:

If umrah was 'illegal' then it would be clearly marked 'not valid for umrah' or they would not be allowed to enter makkah.

If you are not clear on this, take it to the checkpoints outside makkah and ask the personnel, and they would confirm that its not a problem not is it illegal.

Im not sure if any of you are muslims (the ones giving advice), but any muslim who goes to makkah can perform umrah. The only restrictions officially are on hajj, and they would refuse entry into makkah during that time unless one has a permit.

If they are coming after hajj, then no need to worry. Ask the people at the embassy stamping visa if they are allowed to go for umrah, they will clarify.

The visit visa page does mention 'hajj or umrah' because thats different type of visas, and in case someone is purely going for either of the two then they should get that separate category of visa.

Yes they can, Alhamdulilah my Mother performed Omra few months ago with same visit visa. May Allah Bless your parents too

oilsand wrote:

My parent will coming on visit visa. can they perform Ummarah?

It's all about how you want to do it....

In Islam nowadays people try to find loopholes for everything...

It's told in the religion that if a country has a law then you are supposed to abide by it...By that case the Umrah will be illegal and hence wouldn't be right to perform...Also once you make the "Niyyah" and the Umrah isn't performed then there are penalties for it like feeding the poor and so on....

It's all in your understanding of the religion and how much you want to follow it or bend it...

There's a story or hadith or narration that when Umar Ibn Khattab went to Jerusalem he saw the people paying tax there whereas there wasn't any tax in KSA. It was mentioned that time that if a land has its own rule then every muslim should be following it...So in that case the Umrah won't be correct...

People will say that no one will check blah blah, but let me ask...

Suppose you steal money from a bank and you aren't caught for it, then is that money Halal for you???POnder on it...You'll get your answer for it...

Take an Umrah visa...Go perform Visa...It's when you want them to stay in KSA the problem arises...

Do it for the sake and fear of Allah whatever you do...Last but not the least Allah knows everything...

Really ? Quran says if a country has a law follow it ?

This is exactly what I was discussing with my friend, there is nothing stopping you from doing Ummarah once you are here, but we have to respect the rules of the country and should not go against it.

just to be in the safe side just do ummarah on ummarah visa and then come on visit.

Ali_N wrote:

It's all about how you want to do it....

In Islam nowadays people try to find loopholes for everything...

It's told in the religion that if a country has a law then you are supposed to abide by it...By that case the Umrah will be illegal and hence wouldn't be right to perform...Also once you make the "Niyyah" and the Umrah isn't performed then there are penalties for it like feeding the poor and so on....

It's all in your understanding of the religion and how much you want to follow it or bend it...

There's a story or hadith or narration that when Umar Ibn Khattab went to Jerusalem he saw the people paying tax there whereas there wasn't any tax in KSA. It was mentioned that time that if a land has its own rule then every muslim should be following it...So in that case the Umrah won't be correct...

People will say that no one will check blah blah, but let me ask...

Suppose you steal money from a bank and you aren't caught for it, then is that money Halal for you???POnder on it...You'll get your answer for it...

Take an Umrah visa...Go perform Visa...It's when you want them to stay in KSA the problem arises...

Do it for the sake and fear of Allah whatever you do...Last but not the least Allah knows everything...

hamudi wrote:

Really ? Quran says if a country has a law follow it ?

Donno if it was in the Quran or it was a hadith or a narration...But I do remember it cause when I was in India 30% was tax and I was talking to various scholars on whether I could save or not pay tax as GCC is tax-free and so on...That's when I heard this narration...

Here: have a read...Check for authenticity also...

http://lostislamichistory.com/jerusalem … l-khattab/

I guess you don't get sarcasm...that's fine.

I'm sure Quran doesn't mention anything about the law of the countries to be followed or else muslims in the west would accept it. The scholars do not find loopholes but rather advise based on what the prophet followed if things were not clearly mentioned.

So, if OPs parents have the Niyyah to perform Umrah, Allah will make it easier for them . Then by all means even the law of the country cannot stop them.

check the passport, now a days Saudi embassy put a seal on the passport  after issuing visit visa the seal says "No UMRAH or HAJJ Allowed on this visa" seal is in Arabic font so many people do not pay attention.