New adventure in Cologne- want feedback from people who already moved

Hello,
I'm planning to move to cologne, working in aviation industry.
Honestly I'm so scared first because I am moving to European City (I lived more then 20 years in the gulf) second because I have no idea what I will face there.
I found this blog and im interested to here from people who moved there.

Thanks

Hello Reine Shakira and welcome on board :)

I suggest you to browse through threads by 'forum categories', on the top right hand side of your screen, to gather infos.

Sections such as Everyday Life will help you get an idea of life over there.

It will be a fantastic experience, no need to worry :)

Regards
Kenjee

Hi Reine,

Welcome to Cologne. My name is Aman, an expat in Cologne since more than one year now. It's a very beautiful, multicultural and pretty friendly city, lots of sports and activities to do. I hope, you would find a easy and spontaneous life here. However, In the beginning you might face some cultural shocks but over the time it will be fine.

If you want to know any specific information or anything about this city life, please don't hesitate to write me.

Wish you a safe and enjoyable move to Cologne! :)

With Regards,
-AMAN

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share email address on the forum.

Thanks Aman
It's nice to hear that's a nice city ...All I'm afraid of is moving from GCC to Europe and specifically to small city in Germany. I don't want to get bored.
It's easy for me to adopt but I still need to know more about the city before I come
Rent..transportation. ..halal food..taxes etc
Regards

Hi Reine,

Yes, I can realize your feeling about relocating from that environment to here.
However, that's life. Here in Cologne, you don't have to worry at least about transportation and halal food.
Are you coming to Cologne or any other small city? Cologne is not actually a small city.
You will find considerably big number of mosques and halal shops here. I also take only halal foods as well. :)
So, no worries about halal foods.

A friendly proposition, if you want you may add me on FB named- Aman Nur Mohammed.
I am pretty available there and hope to see you.

With Regards,
--AMAN

Hi

Yes I'm moving to cologne.
I just hope it's not a boring city :)
Good to hear that halal food is available

Thnx

Cologne is  a good sized city full of history and culture, no reason to get bored! Just Google it and there is plenty of information available. Here is a place to start: http://wikitravel.org/en/Cologne

Thanks Tomin