Adopting as Kenyan residents

Hi,

My husband and I have been here for 2.5 years now and we are going to adopt locally in April/May of next year.  Does anyone have any tips or advice?  Anyone gone through the adoption process here as International Adoptees?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Would also love to meet some other Canadian expats!  Let me know, if you're interested.

Thanks,
Tanya

Welcome on board, Tanya :)

Hope that members soon share their adoption experience with you.

Also, to be in touch with other Canadians, view the Canadian expatriates in Kenya network.

All the best.

Regards
Sheetul

Thanks, Sheetul.

My family is currently attempting to do an international adoption with Kenya. Daunting I know! Hopefully the Canadian portion will be done by end of Dec. and hopefully doing the foster period in Jan-Feb!! I do know a Canadian living in Kenya who just completed a resident adoption. It took about a year but they are all done!

Tanya,
Did you get any help with this.  I am a Kenyan American and getting ready to adopt my sister's child back in Nairobi and I dont know how to go about it.  Please let me know if you have some information I will be in Kenya this March.

Cheers Nala

My girlfriend works as a Guardian Ad Leitum... one group that can help is "Little Angels" in Nairobi. I don't have contact details, but maybe if you google them.

Thank you I am going to google this.