Is it allowed in doing Part time Job or Opening small business ?

Is it allowed in doing Part time Job or Opening small business(Shop) in Bahrain, while i am already (5 days a week full time) employee of a well known IT company. But i am free after 2pm daily so i want to utilize that time instead of sleeping.

Please share your views how i utilize that time to earn more money.

Hi Zees,

Practically, most of the expat having a huge free time like yours doing a part time job.Though this practices are not legally accepted and acknowledge by the Bahrain Law.

Take note that you are restricted and fully prohibited from violating the condition of the work permit issued by your employer. The fact is ALL employer should not allow any employee to work in any other different job apart from the one mentioned in the valid work permit. Because if they do that, they will be subject for heavy PENALTIES. Apart from that, you and your employer will both be considered as violators of the law.

Hope this helps. cheers!

Lou-Lou

Legally you are not allowed to work or start a new business, because if your current employer finds out ,and they dont agree what  you are doing you can be in trouble.
Best is Take written permission from your current employer to allow you a small business.

best luck